1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Passenger side seat belt alarm

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Geraldy212, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Geraldy212

Geraldy212 Sportback owner

[Jul 6, 2007]
    I have read the posts on seat belt alarms, but cannot seem to find the answer to this issue. On my 2006 A3 Sportback 2L TDI, there is a driver-side seatbelt icon, and a warning gong when the car is in motion. All of this I expected for good safety reasons. However, there is no warning icon nor gong when a front passenger does not belt up. Can anyone tell me if this safety feature can be turned on by an Audi dealer? :think:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 30, 2014]

3. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Jul 6, 2007]
    As it's possible to switch this off on cars that have it activated, I assume it will be possible to switch it on.

A lot of dealers have refused to switch it off when asked, because of safety concerns, bit I can see no such problems if they are asked to switch it on.
  4. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Jul 6, 2007]
    No it's not possible. If it was fitted then it'd be activated from the factory. It consists of a pressure switch in the seat and one in the seat belt socket. If you want to be sure then check if there is a wire coming out of it like on the drivers side.
  5. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Jul 6, 2007]
    I have just looked at my A3 Sportback which is a 2007 2.0TDI SE and there is a wire coming from the drivers side seat belt socket but nothing from the passengers side, so it looks like it cannot be done, but check your own seat belt sockets.

I wonder why Audi decided to dis-continue this 'feature'. Perhaps it annoyed more than it helped. I know some members found it a nusiance when they put items on the passenger seat.
  6. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Jul 6, 2007]
    Yep that's most likely it.
  7. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

[Jul 6, 2007]
    Anyone who doesn't have it should think themselves lucky.
    Anything from laptops to carry-outs can have the thing 'binging' away.
    Sounds simple to say "don't use the seat then",but there are some things that I like to have within easy reach.
  8. mcmasman

mcmasman Member

[Jul 6, 2007]
    Too true. I am lucky enough not to have this feature. I put things on the passenger seats all the time, I can imagine with that feature it would really piss me off.
  9. Geraldy212

Geraldy212 Sportback owner

[Jul 7, 2007]
    Thanks guys for your suggestions. I have checked, and my passenger seat belt clip does not have the detector wire. Looks like my car is in fact not fitted with this option. Ho hum. :sadlike: