1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Passenger side door....

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Sanj, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Sanj

Sanj Blue Beast

Hey Guys, Help Needed!!!!

I went to clean my car and noticed water leaking into the car from the top of the passenger side door..... had a look and theres a slight gap between the car body and the door sill, almost like someones tried to go at the door...... :sadlike:
    I also noticed the door wasnt sitting flush, so I adjusted the metal catch (cant remember what its called) and nwo the door sits flush, and the gap is a little better, but theres still a slight gap. Any ideas on what i can do to fix it? I tried bending the door a little but scared im gonna break something..... was fine about a week ago.

Help would be much appreciated before it starts to piss down!!!!!
  2. Y83OLK

Y83OLK Hulk Smash!

Mine was like this just last week..
    I had to adjust the striker on the car and the window frame.
  3. Sanj

Sanj Blue Beast

Thats the one, I adjust the striker already and the door sits flush, but still a very slight gap, What did you do to the frame?
  4. S3 NPD

S3 NPD New Member

take the door trim off and ya should be able to adjust the door frame from behind that. can adjust in/out and up/down. its easy to do once the trim is off.
  5. Sanj

Sanj Blue Beast

Cheers man, I'll try it tom......
  6. Y83OLK

Y83OLK Hulk Smash!

Not necessarily easy....Its fiddely as hell i found.
    But theres some ally wedges which hold the window frame to the doorskin, these adjust how far left/right/in/out the frame sits once the doors closed.

Make sure you mark all the bolts/ wedge positions before you undo anything, so you can put it back how it was if it doesnt go right.