1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Passat Estate 1.8T suspension mods

Discussion in 'Volkswagen and other VAG' started by CarloTT, Jan 20, 2003.

1. CarloTT

CarloTT New Member

Hi,

I've got a 3.5 yr old Passat Estate which was chipped a year ago to give about 180bhp (if I'm lucky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif) I've only done about 30K miles but feel it's time for shock renewal. These cars wallow a bit anyway with long suspension travel but I was wondering if anyone has experience of shock or spring renew...

cheers

C
  2. MisterD

MisterD Member

Carlo - sorry, off topic - who chipped the Passat for you?

3. CarloTT

CarloTT New Member

Usual summer romance story...

was in Italy on holiday, saw a flash tuning shop with a couple of Golfs parked outside, guys inside did a convincing sales job on me for a german sourced chip and plugs upgrade...

I'll dig out the details but basically not had a problem with it since, cruises at motorway speed (european 90+) beautifully and is more tractable and less hesitant around town.

C
  4. MisterD

MisterD Member

My wife would throw a wobbly if I wanted to modify my engine whilst away in another land!!
    I know this may sound a bit mad, but how about A6 sport suspension bits (from a dismantlers?) might be cheap...