1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

passanger side seat not reclining backward and seat not adjusting to position

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Rusha4, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Rusha4

Rusha4 New Member

[Nov 8, 2013]
    hi

I got a new audi a4 2006 t s line b7 cabriolet / convertible . The front passanger side seat has airbags and heated seats . The seat moves forward and and backwards , although it does not click into position or the seat backing or backrest does not fold backward. its constantly moved forward . so sitting in the passenger side is impossible . the track lines are free and when i drive the passenger side seat just moves forward and backward. never locks in . sitting is impossible as the back rest does not go all the way forward or all the way backward . The seat moves on the runners backward and forward. Has anyone else experienced this and found a fix please? if so do you know what parts i need from audi out seat parts. just wondering what latch mechanism i need to click the seat into position and what i need to move the backrest of seat all the back please .
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Nov 8, 2013]
    Welcome to the site.

Sounds like the locking mechanism is being held up or its stuck, seat needs removing to check the mechanism from underneath & possibly remove the rear trim to gain access to the internals if its stuck.
  4. Rusha4

Rusha4 New Member

[Nov 9, 2013]
    Thanks for welcoming me I see this is a common problem with the cabriolet's and surprised why audi has not recalled this yet. What cables and parts am I looking at please . I'm really struggling with this . A lot of people have had this problem . Anyone had a fix and know what's parts I need please ?
  5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Nov 9, 2013]
    It depends on the fault, I've had some B7 cab seats apart a fair bit & only way to know what's gone wrong is to remove & investigate, then replace the parts, as there are a fair few parts involved with these seats & stripping the down is a mission believe me.
    Geebo likes this.