1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parts for CD Changer Retrofit

cjp2k Apr 3, 2007

1. cjp2k

cjp2k Member Team Tango Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon

Hi guys, Just got a good deal on ebay for a glovebox CD Changer

What do i need to fit this?

I need obviously the cable and the Glovebox, is that it? I went to my dealer and there are loads of different parts... including mouting for CD changer and Stowage compartment for CD Changer. Do I need all these or do I just need glovebox Changer and cable??

A list of part numbers would be good too!

If anyone can answer by 5pm I would be very very greatful as I want to fit it over the bank holiday!!

2. rxs1407

rxs1407 Member

3. cjp2k

Thanks mate, another question... is there different types of Cd changer cable??

Audi dealer says one for standard headunit and one for RNS-E is this correct? I thort they were the same!!

4. Sinny71

Sinny71 S55 LKS

When I boughtmine for my A4 I looked into buying the correct glovebox and this was going to cost 3 times what I'd paid for the changer.

All I needed was the adapter which luckily came with the changer and some grey felt to match the glovebox.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. MarcQuinlivan

MarcQuinlivan Active Member

6. cjp2k

Cheers Fella I have the new MP3 Single Disc Double din unit so I need the rns-e cable...

I asked about this at the dealer and he assured me I needed the "other cable" for my car even with the new headunit :rtfm:

Chris

7. MarcQuinlivan

MarcQuinlivan Active Member

8. cjp2k

Well I ordered the cd changer cable for the rns-e.. was told it was the wrong one again, but I ignored him lol