1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

parts for 2010 s line ront end conversion???

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by simonc, Aug 20, 2011.

1. simonc

simonc New Member

[Aug 20, 2011]
    i have a 2006 a3 2.0 tdi so it has the single grill but not an s line, im looking to put a 2010 s line front bumper on and wondered what else i will need.
    will i need a new bonnet?
    will my old grill fit the new bumper?
    do i need new wings?
    will the 2010 headlights fit?
    will all the lights work ok?
    are there any other parts i need?

iv looked through alot of posts but i can only find people who have converted s line front end from the old split grill to s line. and any that have converted single grill a3's seem to have gone for s3 which i believe is a different mod all together.

also thinking of doing s line rear end, am i right in thinking this will be a straight swap bumper for new bumper.

any help much appreciated thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

[Aug 20, 2011]
    Hi Welcome to the forum.

If you done a quick search you would of found loads of thread covering this and one really useful one diggz thread and he listed everything single part you will need. Its not just a straight forward bolt on and plug and play. You will need to do some wiring to get the new headlights and wing mirrors working. Will also need vagcom to code your car so the lights and wing mirrors will work. None of your old parts will fit the new facelift so might as well sell them and use that to fund the new parts.
    So just a quick break down:
    8P3 Front bumper
    8P3 Front grille
    8P3 Foglights
    8P3 Foglights surround
    8P3 Wings
    8P3 DRL headlights
    8P3 Bonnet
    The list above are just the main parts but you will need alot of little things and digzz thread explains it all.
    Rear bumper a straight swap done the mod myself and a few other members to. You should also look at gett MY09 or MY11 rear lights.
    Good luck

Ash
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  4. simonc

simonc New Member

[Aug 20, 2011]
    cheers that helps, so will the 8p2 bonnet fit? i thought the grill was the same but i guess not, and also i think on the split grill one you need to change the reinforcement bar or something, is this same for 8p2 models.
  5. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

[Aug 20, 2011]
    Hi Simon,

No the 8P2 bonnet wont fit the 8P3 front end is complete different shape so would need an 8P3 bonnet. I know only ever change the reinforcement bar or trim it if your doing the 8P2 S3 conversion. I dont really know the in's and out's of the 8P3 conversion sorry. Best finding digzz thread and asking on there sure he will reply:thumbsup:
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  6. Digzz

Digzz "Started From The Bottom" VCDS Map User

[Aug 20, 2011]
    Just Click Below on my thread links ...and post or pm me for any help.... :icon_thumright: