Part numbers request: Front wheel bearing and hub - thanks :)

Squirrelofdoom

Reaction score
Hi guys,

As in the title, does anyone know the part numbers for the Front wheel bearing and hub. My car is X-reg APY.

Thanks guys :)

Aran

So,

finally managed to separate the hub, bearing, upright and found my hub in the condition below. Put it in the lathe and it is definitely bent, about 0.3mm of runout and you can see it wobble in the chuck :S With that and the deep scratches, general wear found on the hub below, I guess it's time for a new hub (and bearing, as it was destroyed in the process) rather than trying to salvage this one?

215785_824210735145_1050046844_n.jpg

189464_824210785045_932609079_n.jpg

269793_824210600415_1020143386_n.jpg

Thanks guys,
Aran

Also, I up to this point have always bought genuine parts - but looking at the prices for genuine vs. OEM reps for these seems steep. Could anyone advise as to how big a deal it is to go genuine only on these parts?

For example:

Reps:
Bearing (£15 - 12 month warranty) - AUDI A3/S3/TT FRONT WHEEL BEARING KIT FOR N/S OR O/S | eBay
Hub (£17 - 12 month warranty) - AUDI A3/S3/TT/COUPE/QUATTRO FRONT/REAR WHEEL HUB/ABS RING 1J0407613C BRAND NEW | eBay

Genuine:
Bearing (£44) - GENUINE SKODA SEAT AUDI FRONT WHEEL BEARING KIT 1J0498625 | eBay
Hub (£58 - used condition; other like £200 new!!) - AUDI S3 8L TT 8N VW BEETLE RSI LEON CUPRA R FRONT WHEEL HUB - 8N0 407 613 A | eBay

Thanks guys, advice is appreciated

Cheers,
Aran

After a little research, perhaps Febi Bilstein parts would be best as they are an official OEM for Audi? With them it's like £20 for bearing and £45 for the hub. Any thoughts appreciated guys

i had a febi bearing fail within 2 months...

For the bearing you want SKF, FAG, Timken or the like.

For the hub, febi or whoever should be fine i guess, but check the part number, as the S3 seems to use a different PN to normal A3/Golfs for some reason.

edit: infact, just get that partsdepo hub bought, thats a brand new, genuine audi part, at half the retail price.

Hi mate, cheers for the heads up. Been looking for a while and couldn't find a big OEM bearing for less than like £50 :S Is that just what I should be looking to spend? That along with the hub is a good £100 without postage and that's more than I was hoping to be honest :S

well iirc my front bearings were around the 40quid mark.

If you can find a S3 hub from the likes of Febi or whoever for cheap then go for it.

You should be able to get a genuine SKF or FAG bearing for less than the £45 the dealer wants for it.

Give Jason at All German Parts a call and see what he can do?

Great thread as I need to replace my front bearings at the end of the month, and I also have a 2000 APY S3 :)

Cheers for the part numbers and links guys

Just got off the phone with Jason from all German and he saved me a few quid on the FAG bearing; about £36 all told with delivery. So thanks for all the help guys! Will be sure to call Jason again if I need anything else