part numbers needed for heating elements

vr6gordy

Reaction score
anyone no the part numbers i will need for my a4 cab 2004 ... looking for the part numbers for the heating elements that go under the leather on the seats base and back on both front seats

cool theses the same part number for each seat ????????

Yeah Gordy, same part number for each seat. These are for the standard seats with either fabric or leather.

The part number for the sport seats are: 8E0 963 555 A & 8E0 8E0 963 557 A.

Just fix your elements i did easy to do and no issues and have been used every day since, the heater elements are bonded to the seats them selves and don't know if they come apart easily i looked into ordering the elements but it was the chap at TPS i was speaking too who advised me to repair it my self so i did.

Seat stripped down:

20121019_222726.jpg

My broken wire:

20121019_222714.jpg

to repair it i soldered in a 2" section of insulated wire (as i was advised to do) and it works perfect whole seat heats up as it should.

If your seat is the same as mine sport seats with the section at the front of the lower section that extends out behind your knees then you will have fun taking them apart fiddly and time consuming and i didn't have to take the entire cover off which you would have to do to change them out.

Finding the broken section is easy as they burn out and leave singed marks in the element backing.