Part Number - Rear Skirt

B

Boydie

Hey Guys!

I am looking for a part number for the item below... I think it came standard on the S-lines 2005 on but correct me if I am wrong!

Its the lower splitter that fits onto the bottom of the rear bumper...

07Small.jpg

Thanks in advance :D

I've had a look at my parts catalogue program and I think the part number for a 2005 8P model A3 lower spoiler (as it's described) for an S-Line is 8P3 807 434 D.

Below is a link to a copy of the relevant page. The code for the S-Line model is PR-2JD. Part 1 on the illustration is the bumper cover and part 2 is the lower spoiler.

rear lower spoiler

Legend mate thanks - another thing, are the rear bumpers the same for a 2004 and 2005?

the one above is a 3 door so i presume so!

Yes, same part number for 2004 and 2005 and Yes it's the part number for a 3-door.

Have you seen the red one on ebay Boydie? Theres an Akoya silver one too, think Ill have a bid on that one. I manged to get those votex skirts the other day.

you lucky boy, those skirts were a bargain!

I will have a look on the bay now, thanks :D

Eye getting them painted for £150 all in. Ive just had a look and the red rear valance must have gone, sure it was £60 BIN too.

Found the silver one - emailed him about postage!

£150 include fitting??

Nah, just £150 painted and posted. Apparently there easy enough to fit :).

Yeah Ive had a bid on the Akoya one too. Theres also a votex one on there but its starting at £75 with £25 postage. Still a lot cheaper than the RRP tho.

the code for the splitter in question is actually 8P3 807 521 L

the code for the splitter in question is actually 8P3 807 521 L

Interesting, because that particular part number is not listed in the current Audi parts catalogue.

Interesting indeed - I just phoned my local audi (which is 70miles away) for a price and they didnt have that PN listed :S but that is the PN that is on the back of the splitter in question!

the splitter you listed h5djr is £68.66+vat

a better pic of the part in question:

519e_1.JPG

It may be that the part has been superseded and a new part number issued. Unfortunately the diagrams showing the parts in the parts catalogue do not always show the exact part, so a direct compare is not possible.

I know the rear bumpers are different for the 2004 and 2005

where the 2004 has the painted "strip" across the top where as the 2005 is compeltely smooth

do you think this will still fit? if not, not to worry as I am sure (if i win the auction) i can sell it on easy enough

Well the bumper didnt fit folks, everything looked like it was going together but the edges/corners just didnt sit flush. Not sure if it was off a later model or what??

Anyways it back on ebay if anyones interested. :thumbsup:

yeah but a facelift rear bumper (from a 2005) will fit your car

the one you bought is from a facelift rear bumper

there was never a skirt made for the 03/04 bumper except the votex rear one which was an optional extra

maybe he wasnt aware of the tiny changes that audi made in 2005 - all be it they are tiny changes!