part number needed quite urgent

tdisportuk

Reaction score
hello

had my windscreen smashed. had it changed by autoglass, i need the part number for a rear view dimming mirror, one which allows the auto wipers lights and dimming mirror.

car is a 2006 audi a3 tdi sport

many thanks :footy:

There appear to be 10 different part numbers for the automatic rear view mirror. The best way is to visit an Audi dealer's parts department and the will be able to check the correct one for your car because they have access to Audi AG's central computer system which will be able to tell them which one was originally fitted to your car.

thats the problem im having mate, im retrofitting it so when they put my chasis number in ETKA only a standard rear view mirror comes up..

what else could i do? i have no rear view mirror at the momment!

Thanks

It will be broken down by colour & features so should be easy enough to find in etka, when I get back up I'll have a looky for you, in meantime anyone who has the said mirror & features along with your colour code could give you there chassis so you can get dealer to bring it up, simplesssssssssssssssss

lifesaver NHN! :yahoo:thanks wont be able till tues

Here is a PDF of the ETKA pages showing the rear view mirror - you may be able to determine which one you want from these...

rear view mirror

gosh, now im even more confused! lol i need the complete unit, ETKA shows it all broken down..unless im not looking at it properly. 2006 a3 sport the previous mirror was creamy/beige? looking for auto dimming, rain sensored and auto lights unit

thank you

There is no single part number that cover what your looking for as you can see from the ETKA pages I've made available. You need to go along to an Audi parts department and talk to the parts guy. He will be able to work out what is suitable and order it for you.

if you want my chassis number give me a shout

i have beige with rear dimming auto lights / wipers etc.

let me know and i will go out to the car for you

just been off the phone to TPS, they said if i know another car which has it fitted then give them the chasis number of that and they can see what parts i need for mine. So please scottie that would be helpful

thanks

ok . really sorry guys.

got called away at work so havent had a chance to post til now.

chassis number is WAUZZZ8PX5A107509

hope this helps

Just check the pdf, just choose number 18 for your colour code say soul black & check the year for the different soul black ones & PR codes that correspond to your car, which also includes 19/20 then also choose 15/16 & 21, of course note this goes to another page but any dealership can help you with these parts given they're mostly trims & one sensor

hello

had my windscreen smashed. had it changed by autoglass, i need the part number for a rear view dimming mirror, one which allows the auto wipers lights and dimming mirror.

car is a 2006 audi a3 tdi sport

many thanks :footy:

Did you actually have the light and rain sensors fitted to your car? I'm curious as to why you can't use your existing mirror. Are you planning a retrofit? If you are going down the retrofit avenue you need to have the correct windscreen fitted as the mounting for the light and rain sensor is stuck on the glass and isn't available separately.

Did you actually have the light and rain sensors fitted to your car? I'm curious as to why you can't use your existing mirror. Are you planning a retrofit? If you are going down the retrofit avenue you need to have the correct windscreen fitted as the mounting for the light and rain sensor is stuck on the glass and isn't available separately.

Good point raised:idea:

Hi,

yes i had the standard rear view mirror, and planning to do a retrofit. When i had my windscreen replaced autoglass asked me if i have rainsensored wipers and i said yeh yeh, then had the whole windscreen changed from, i cant tell the difference except the different mounting hence needing a part number for the correct mirror. When he fitted the windscreen he gave me this red circle sticker thing and said i need to keep it for the sensors to work.

where are the sensors on the glass? yes this is a retrofit job!

thanks

Look on the outside of the glass, you'll see a small circle a few inches from the top of the roof behind the mirror. That's where the sensor lives. IIRC the red circle sticker thing is a gel pack to go on the sensor or it won't work.

does every new windscreen come with this sensor? or do i have to buy it?

As the PDF Dave has shown it is a seperate part, it doesnt come with the windscreen, read the thread bit more mate cause its very clear from that pdf image what parts are what

yeh i did think that, then i felt confused so i was just asking to make sure mate!