Part Number for Door Lock Mechanism/Sensor

S3DBW

Reaction score
I've started to see the door (drivers side) not closed display appearing on the DIS. From what I've read elsewhere on the forums this has something to do with the door lock mechanism?

Does anybody who has experienced this fault have a note of the relevant part number.

Thanks

Hi there,

Had the same issue, bought a new one (part number 8L2837016) from Audi, cost about £45-£50, can't remember the exact cost. It's a devil to fit as you have to strip the door and remove (or at least move to one side) the door glass and frame. You can actually fix your existing lock, but you have to remove it first. Then carefully bend the metal spring arm on the microswitch until you can here it click when the lock is in the closed position. I just wish I had taken some pictures.... Dohh!

Regards, John.

Had this problem dealer changed the lock.. as mentioned you need to remove the trim and the glass

i get this problem but only when it's really hot outside!

Hi Vikz, I forsee bad news for you...... My door lock started to do the same when it was hot, then it did it all the time so i had to change it. Hopefully you may be lucky!! ;)

Regards, John.

It's actually not that bad to fix if you look at the other threads on the subject you can do it carefully but splitting the door in half. Took me less than an hour I think, the worst bit being disconnecting some of the cables from the latch.

at the moment mine is only giving problems in the heat but when it's been parked in the shade it's fine, touch wood.

how much did the sensor cost you exactly?