Part No.s for s3 chrome mirrors with folding function?

drnutta

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I would like to purchase a set of S3 mirrors for my sportback.

I have the dimming and folding option:

Can you tell me if these S3 covers will therefore fit on my car?
8E0 857 507 D
8E0 857 508 D

Thanks

Also, if you have the S3 without folding/dimming mirrors, is there a retrofit guide for it?
I'm interested in the parts etc as well.

Are those part numbers not for the new facelift version out in a few months?

If you have a current car the part numbers should begin with 8P0 shouldn't they?

Hi so I take it the part no.s that were given to me are wrong then?

Its for a 2008 sportback sline.

No, since the mirrors were originally on the S4 they'll be S4 part numbers.

I bought my set about 3 years ago and asked the same question when I saw the part number.

The new style mirrors are in ETKA. They look to be VW mirrors and the indicator insert is the same one that is on the MkV Golf.

Hi,

thats well confusing now :)

car is just a Jan 2008 Sportback Sline
not the new face lift version... (prefer the one coming after that) :)

So the part no. given are not the correct versions? as i was told they compatible with all the S models

Looking at the ETKA parts catalogue those numbers are listed as aluminium mirror covers for the A3/S3 from 07/2007 to 06/2008.

Here are the pages: door mirrors

ok, so how does the mirrors know when to fold? Where are the buttons/controller in the cars that come with it as stock? Sorry, havent seen one yet so wouldnt know

The mirror switch has an extra position at the front i.e. in the opposite position to the heated setting. You just turn the switch round to this position and the mirrors fold in - normally one slightly faster than the other :)

aaah ok cool thanks. hmm, will have to go through ETKA and see what I need and what parts of my existing mirrors I can re-use. If anyone has help provide information as well that would be much appreciated