1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

part enquiries for S3...

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by thegoal007, Oct 26, 2010.

1. thegoal007

thegoal007 Another S3 owner....

Made an enquiry for some rear springs for the audi S3 and both G&S and Euro parts do not sell them.
    rear shocks g&s quoted £130 for pair - euro car parts stated about £70 - er...big difference.
    I'm trying to find standard oem parts, but it sounds like neither of them are. Is Audi my only choice ? Not that it's really a choice !
  2. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

I think it must be a dealer only im afraid....not thought of aftermarket?
  3. Jonesy

Jonesy Member

I recently changed both my rear springs as one had snapped. I had my mechanic mate try source some rear springs and in the end he had to go to Audi as he couldn't get the right ones through his normal contacts. Think he paid about £70 each, not sure if he got trade discount or not.
  4. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!!

ask PJM or stoke Audi mate, be cheaper than your local dealer
  5. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

As an alternative you could try a mild spring drop and use something like Eibach Pros... 20mm rear and 25mm front although tbh I didn't think they lowered my S3 much if anything from the factory ride height.... I wouldn't normally recommend uprated springs on std dampers but the Eibachs aren't that stiff IMO so I reckon you could get away with it...

Just an option...

<tuffty/>