Part Codes, Car Info, Faq's Etc

alex13p

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum since buying an A6 C6 S-Line Avant 2.0 TDI yesterday.

I've been browing the net today, as you do with a new car, looking at what I can do to it and change. The problem I've found is trying to find out info about these things is all over the internet and the best way to find them is by searching for part codes and model numbers.

So, my question, is there anywhere that people use for reference or a FAQ page that's been really useful?

Type of things I am (and have been) trying to find out are, what version of MMI do I have, what engine do I have and what is it's code, do I have DPF filter, do I have pre-facelift or post....? Some of these I have answered now but these are examples of types of things I've been trying to find out.

Thanks

I can create a FAQ thread and sticky it if someone would like to PM me what they want in there, alternatively, maybe one of you C6 owners can start a FAQ thread, and I will be happy to make it a sticky?

You would need to PM me or any other mod to make changes to it though.

I didn't know anything about my A6 before I bought it, I have spent the last 7 month trawling the net reading and digesting it all, Forums are by far the best source of advice, Ebay can be helpful sometimes for part numbers, phone your local Audi dealer, give them the registration and ask them the questions, I've had to do it a couple of times and they have always been pretty helpful

Thanks guys - I really like the PR Decoder tool, will give that a go for sure. Mate of mine suggested calling Audi as well. It wasn't so much the specific questions though, it was more of a general need for a FAQ section where everyone can put together the knowledge they've found in a easy look place.

jojo, could you create a new folder/forum of threads below 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C6 Chassis)', that way you can move helpful guides and FAQ's to this area so there is a library of threads that can be looked through. Better this way than one thread with all FAQ's on because then you might as well just search this forum.

You could leave it open for anyone to post in and when things are agreed to be important you can sticky them so all the good stuff is at the top?

I don't mean to come in here and start throwing my weight around ;) but sure would be helpful for Audi newbies like my self and anyone else looking to do a common mod/fix.

jojo, could you create a new folder/forum of threads below 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C6 Chassis)', that way you can move helpful guides and FAQ's to this area so there is a library of threads that can be looked through. Better this way than one thread with all FAQ's on because then you might as well just search this forum.

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I've been busy!

Unfortunately, I don't have THAT much power to create an additional forum, but I have created a new pinned FAQ for you C6 owners, I will continue to update as much as possible, but since I don't venture into the C6 section as much as I'd like, I may need an occasional PM from you guys if something needs to be updated! An in the event of my absence, I'm sure other moderators can make changes to the first post too.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/c6-a6-allroad-faq-how-tos-tuning-info-stickies.225551/