1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

parrot mki9200

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Wozski, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Wozski

Wozski Member

Seen this and looks a good addition to my set up. By the looks of it, it plays music via Bluetooth through iPod, USB, and aux. As well as for hands free phone calls. Has anyone got one of these and what are they like to install...
    Also will it utilise the mfsw
  2. Triquin

Triquin New Member

I have just fitted one of these in my 2004 Sportback.

I also purchased a replacement loom from “ Just car kits” in Slough. This will stream music from the Parrot through all four speakers of the car and also supplies an additional 12v that is required from the ignition circuit and makes the install a piece of cake.

JustCarKits Best Seller List

To fit the Parrot you just have to remove the glove box ( 7 bolts and an electrical connector ) to stow the control box’s and run the Ipod cable through..

I had a small problem with my install (my finger trouble) and the support I got from Phillip at Just Car Kits was absolutely first class. He even upgraded the Parrrot firmware to the latest release and I had only bought the loom from him not the Parrot!

This really is a good bit of kit. I was forever missing calls before as my music was so loud. The voice recognition is also excellent even with my west country accent. :blahblah1:
  3. s3joe

s3joe Member

i have just got one of there and its a really good bit of kit it chages your iphone while on the move and has a sd card slot to play your music on the go and keeps the blue lights away with the 3 points for driving whilst on a mobile phone
  4. Wozski

Wozski Member

Thanks for the replies. I may struggle with the Mic as I have air bags where I would hide the cable for it. Can it play music from the USB slot too
  5. s3joe

s3joe Member

yer it can i did not know you have airbags in the light in the car you hide the wire down the door rubber
  6. Triquin

Triquin New Member

You just have to drill a 20mm hole in the back of the glove box to feed the cable through. Your Ipod, phone, Mp3 or memory stick then lives inside the glove box.
  7. Wozski

Wozski Member

I was going to put the wire down the pillars. That's where the airbags are. My glove box has the cd changer in it. Is it still easy to do.
    Can you use the mfsw on this. Has anyone got pics of the install etc...
    I got bose and the concert unit which plays MP3s
    Will I need any additional leads thanks for your time
  8. jb0o

jb0o North East Forum Moderator Regional Rep Site Sponsor

Regardless of the airbags being there you still run the microphone wire down there, thats not a problem mate.

The steering wheel controls aren't compatable with the Parrot kit as standard, though there are kits out there that will fix this.. not sure how good they are mind, not too cheap either.. see here.

What year A4 do you have, if its a pre-2007 then you wont need any additional cables as the Parrot comes with ISO cables as standard, which fit the pre-2007 Audi stereo's fine, other wise you'd need to buy a Quad-lock harness.. around an extra £40.. unless you're a dab hand at soldering wires as you could work out the wires from the Parrot kit into the stereo and just directly tap into the car wiring... thats what I've done before, save yourself an easy £40.

This is the kit I was talking about whilst I was hammering the goals past you on Fifa :lmfao: comes in at £125 which supports iPod, Bluetooth Handsfree with A2DP Bluetooth streaming. Very cheap kit so not sure on quality and Im yet to install one so not sure what they're like either:

Audi iPod Interface :: AUDI :: XCarLink
  9. Wozski

Wozski Member

Thanks john!
    I just seen the xcar link and it sayd audi up to 2006?
    Mine is a 2007... Im also not sure what stereo i have - its bose, has cd changer in glove box, and lpays mp3 cd's from the main cd player.
    Id prefer the parrot as i have heard good things about it. I just need a diagram of how to install it to get it past the air bags ( wink wink)
    let me know what you think!
    cheers
  10. jb0o

If its a 2007 itll be a concert with the silver knobs?

You'll need the Xcarlink Quadlock connector kit, thats also available on the website.

Bose shoud be fine, usually the harnesses accomodate every wire so no matter what options you have, itll be fine..

Fittings as easy as:

- Remove stereo
    - Add kit to back of stereo usig plug&play harness
    - Remove glove box (several 8mm bolts) and if need be drill a hole to route iPod cable into back of glovebox
    - Remove interior light using flat head screwdriver and phillips head
    - Route microphone through the interior lighting hole and pull through from top of windscreen at edge of roof lining
    - Route microphone wire down passanger a-pillar (a pillar simply prys off using a flat head screwdriver as is secured by spring clips)
    - Route microphone behind glovebox and plugs into Bluetooth module
    - All done :)
  11. Wozski

Wozski Member

what about setting of those airbags?? Any specific place where those spring clips are located?

I fitted my dension 300 in my old car so i dont mind having a bash

Yes it has silver knobs
  12. jb0o

You wont set them off mate, its just a curtain airbag.

Should be about 3 spring clips, dont know exactly where theyre located but the a-pillar easily prys off with a bit off force, dont worry about the airbags.
  13. Wozski

Wozski Member

lets hope so!
    so to conclude what harness would i need to run with the parrot?
    ( its a shame you live so far away! )
    What stereo is it i have?
  14. jb0o

15. Wozski

Wozski Member

16. jb0o

Sorry for late reply bro!

That does apply to you mate. You'll need to run the Switched Ignition live through a 5amp fuse into the fusebox and connect it to a switched live, I always use the Climate Unit live for this.
  17. Wozski

Wozski Member

Sounds like too much work?!?!?
    im not electrically minded!
    any coding to do after that?
    are there any install guides?
    will be able to control music through the mfsw with that lead mentioned?
  18. jb0o

Its not too bad, only wiring is the ignition live. No coding required. Yeah, you should be able to use that to control via mfsw though Ive never installed it before so can comment on wether that one works etc.
  19. jb0o

No install guides that I know of either mate.
  20. Wonker

Wonker Member

Hello all,

Sorry to hijak an old thread but I am having this Parrot device fitted to my 56 plate, 8P A3 2.0 TDi 170 Quattro. The guys at Halfords asked me to find out whether my standard concert/bose system was fully amplified - Which it is but reading this thread I can see that I have a choice of the SOT-1002 or SOT-1003, the difference being the SOT-1003 is for systems on Quad Lock wiring systems! How can I find out which system I have?

Many thanks

Wonker
  21. deek19790

deek19790 Member

Hi mate,

From what I understand only the back speakers and sub is amplified.

The front speakers run directly from the head unit.

D