Parrot MKi-9100 Install

Angus

Reaction score
Hi,

Am hoping for some advice on getting a Parrot MKi-9100 to work with the steering wheel controls on a 2008 A3. The Parrot dealer has installed the main handsfree unit which works fine, but the Parrot 'Unika' kit which should allow the steering wheel controls to work, doesn't appear to be working.

So far, possible explanations are...

1 - because this is an aftermarket kit, there may be some settings somewhere that an Audi dealer will need to configure, as the car was built without any factory fit bluetooth or phone controls.

2- there is some sort of ring (?) behind the air bag that might be causing a problem.

Does this make sense to anyone?

Cheers,
Angus

Subscribed, can offer no help but I've got the kit to install into mine. Will be watching with interest.

I think you need to re-code the steering ecu to something like 'mfsw with voice activation' . This needs to be done with VCDS or by an Audi dealer.

The ring you refer to is likely to be the 'return ring with slip ring' which will not be causing the problem on a car of that year (I don't think ! )

I am presuming (which is always dangerous ! ) that you have the correct version of steering ecu that supports mfsw. You will have if the car was factory fitted mfsw.

Mike,

Many thanks for your comments, I'll post an update tomorrow.

Angus