1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parrot CK3200 into A4?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Light Speed, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Light Speed

Light Speed Buff my shiny red one...

[Mar 19, 2007]
    Bought a Parrot CK3200 car kit at the weekend and hoping to fit it shortly - anyone else fitted these and was it fairly straight forward?

It's a 2004 with the standard single CD player (not Bose) - there's plenty of threads on here but most seem to refer to the A3 or Bose versions which seems to need extra wiring. Will mine be 'plug and play' or will I need an extra adapter or wiring (there was some mention of needing to tap into a switched supply from the fuse box).

Any help appreciated :thumbsup:

Cheers!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. technics100

technics100 Member

[Mar 20, 2007]
    I just fitted a Parrot ck3000 evo tonight, I had to take an ignition feed from the back of the fusebox and splice into the orange wire of the parrot iso loom, also put a spade plug on the yellow mute wire and put it on the mute connector on the rear of the headunit. all fully working now.. hope thats of some use..
  4. andyccr

andyccr 2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

[Mar 20, 2007]
    If you don't want to goto the fusebox then the fag lighter is also accessory fed. Just pop the panel out and run a lead down the side of the centre console.
    As you have a non-bose stereo that means you have non amplified front speakers and the CK3200 kit will plug in no problems. Some Concert / symphony units have the mute on the mini ISO, some have it on the main ISO plug.
    Its no problem to do, if you want somewhere to stash the 'kit' the take the glovebox out.

Should be no more than a 1 hour job start to finish really.

Hope this also helps

Andy
  5. b19rak

b19rak Member

[Mar 20, 2007]
    I just had the £99 Parrot kit fitted from Halfords. Superb bit of kit.
  6. Light Speed

[Mar 21, 2007]
    Thanks for the info thus far chaps - I had a look at lunchtime and it's a single CD 'Concert' head unit that's in the car.

Looks like there's some space to run the cable between the main centre console and the top part of the dash too. Just need to pop to my local audio place and ask them nicely if they'll pop the HU out with their keys for me!

Is there a wiring diagram or some other way of finding out which pin on the back of my HU is the mute pin?
  7. Light Speed

[Mar 26, 2007]
    Well managed to fit the Parrot myself at the weekend - was pretty straightforward once I'd done some thinking and studied the wiring diagrams.

Only small issue I had was finding a suitable switched 12V supply - ended up taking one from the back of the fusebox - spent a bit of time finding the right one - the first few I tried were not switched so was scratching my head wondering if I'd wired something up wrongly.

Anyway, got there in the end and it's all working perfectly. Sound quality is crystal clear over the mic and I like the lil' display.

Only outstanding bit is trying to decide on a permanent location for the display - at the moment I've got it just above the credit card holder on the supplied Parrot bracket. Not convinced I'll keep it there tho'

Anyone else fitted one and where/how did you mount the display?

Cheers!
  8. Light Speed

[Mar 26, 2007]
    PS Cost me £120 for the CK3200 Colour plus maybe £6 in bits for the fitting - only because I wasn't sure exactly what connectors and wiring I had at home. :thumbsup: