Parrot ck3100 into b5 S4??

marsie

Reaction score
I have recently bought a second hand parrot ck3100 to put in my S4 but have a few queeries. if i connect the power leads to the fuse box(blue/red/black) and 2 inline connectors to the radio but nothing else it all works but when an incoming call comes in, the phone ringtone comes through the speakers at full volume
icon_eek.gif
and turning the volume knob makes no difference at all also the radio/display dosent show anything
If i leave either inline connector out and connect the yellow mute wire instead,the radio mutes(and comes up telephone on display) but the phone still rings instead of the parrot
icon_confused.gif

Any idea what i am doing wrong??
By the way i have a 1999 S4 with concert system and bose and the parrot has a 06-015 adaptor thingy
Cheers
Paul

you have 2 options. - remove the bose system,
or change the headunit. to say a std cd player with the right leads, or a bluetooth cd player with the right leads,

the parrot is running its own amp, then the cars own amp it double-ing it.

Yeah, exactly what Adam said.

Rach's TT has Bose and it was a pig to fit a Parrot system. I ended up buying a secondary Parrot speaker to run it all through. Trouble is, it doesn't mute the radio when a call comes through. Very frustrating.

I have the exact same Parrot system in my B5, but with an aftermarket headunit and it works perfectly!

all the headunits have a mute at the back , it says TEL in the longer plug i thing . Just connect the parrot mute to this and it will mute the radio and display telephone

Hmmm... I did try that, but with no effect.

Rach's TT actually has an aftermarket headunit, but still utilises the BOSE system... and whatever way I tried it, it wouldn't work. That's why it's now got an external speaker installed.

Grrrrrr! lol

Presumably its because the head unit doesnt output amplified signals to the speakers, it just feeds a line level output to the bose amp?

I've not dealt with that particuar system, but when i did audio fitting for halfords a few years back the system they sold spliced into the speaker outs of the head unit, so you'd need to install it between the bose amp and the speakers, rather than the headunit and speakers, otherwise it would end up getting amplifed twice and blowing your ears off :p

thats right to do it properly you need to get to the hi-level going to the front speakers and splice into them , you will still need the tel mute conected to the headunit to mute the radio , dont forget you will require a switched feed also to make it work properly

My one works when a call comes in it mutes the front speakers and directs the call through these leaving the radio for the peeps in the back. All functions work via the remote and raido still controls the rear speakers. Its the 9100 i have i think.

thats right you have the hi level (normal) speaker outputs in the iso harness for fronts only , The muting is been done in the parrot its self rather than the headunit . If you want the head unit to mute completely you need to conect the yellow lead coming from the parrot mute (long black box)