1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parking Sensors

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by god_thats_quick, Sep 14, 2004.

1. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

[Sep 14, 2004]
    Hi All,

Just a quick question I was following a Black S3 the other day and it had what appeared to be factory fit parking sensors on a pre-facelift model. I want these as when I replace my bumper after reversing into a bloody metal pole I'll want it to not happen again.

I guess my question is does anyone know the Audi part number for the parking sensor rear insert to the bumper and any other bits I need to fit it, because I would like to get this done sooner rather than later I haven't even found out how much getting the bumper replaced and resprayed will cost yet!!!

and before everyone starts, yes I am a muppet for reversing into a pole... was a very bad day and i was very tired... and then even more [censored] off! but at least it's only the bumper!!! :)

Cheers guys.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 27, 2014]

3. MarkS3

MarkS3 Member

[Sep 14, 2004]
    i have seen a kit on display at the dealers ?
  4. NWMark

NWMark Member

[Sep 14, 2004]
    i have the optional extra parking sensors and im sure its the same rear strip as is normally used but they just cut holes in it for the sensors.

As it looks no different than standard apart from the sensors.

Mark
  5. imported_AudiAuto

imported_AudiAuto Guest

[Sep 14, 2004]
    man, your a muppet for reversing into a pole..... lol just joking. Forget sensors, i don't think that will stop u going into poles, if the pole is quite narrow (i think). Anyway, get a screen, put a small pinhole cam into bumper. My cousin has this on his M3, when it goes in reverse the screen auto switches to the camera. its a very clear colour cam as well, and only cost about £40 off ebay. Obviously u need to have a tft head unit though.
  6. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

[Sep 15, 2004]
    FYI there's a 2002 S3 rear bumper on Ebay at the mo.