1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parking Sensors not working??

AlexRS3 Feb 17, 2009

1. AlexRS3

AlexRS3 Member

My rear parking sensors seemed to have stopped working, when i put it into reverse i just get a long beep then it goes off and if i reverse near something the sensors dont beep anymore?

Anyone know what it could be?

2. JohnS3

JohnS3 Active Member

A VCDS (vagcom) scan may reveal the problem. Do you have access to VCDS?

3. AlexRS3

AlexRS3 Member

yeah Robin on here is a good mate of mine and he has it, so may have to pop round and get him to have a look at it :)!

cheers!

4. RobinA3

RobinA3 Well-Known Member

5. MattyV5

MattyV5 Member

Mine is doing this now!!! Did you manage to fix it??

Thanks

Matty

6. Hellz

Hellz Geordie Racer

I have the exact same problem - long beep then nothing... Took it for a diagnostic and apparently I now have 2 duff parking sensors.

I realise its a bumper off job and the new parking sensors will need painting... Does anyone know how difficult it is to change in new parking sensors?

7. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Remove bumper, unplug connector/loom from sensors affected, remove old sensor with a twist & out, then reinsert new, test before fixing bumper back on, then complete refixing if all ok.

8. crypric23

crypric23 Never satisfied

Generally means that one of the sensors is knackered , or the loom has opened some how and the cables in side are touching.

If you need a new loom ( plug and play) i have a brand new one , also have some parking sensors