Parking Sensors - Audible Alert Volume

galewis

Reaction score
Is there any way of increasing the volume of the audible alert when using the reverse parking sensors, or automatically decreasing the volume of the stereo when selecting reverse gear?

I listen to my car stereo quite loud and I cant easily hear the audible warnings over the music. My other car, a Citroen C4 Coupe, automatically reduces the volume of the stereo whilst the sensors are working.

Anyone with a solution?

Hi , you can increase the volume of the parking sensors be going into the menu settings on your DIS , you can pick a volume level between 1-5...

Hi,you say that you can do this via the DIS do you have any instructions on how you complete this, i have looked at the manual you get with the car and can find no mention of this.
Regards
Andy

Are you sure your'e not getting confused with the pitch of the audible alert? This setting can be accessed via DIS with a range of 1 to 5 as you say, but it just alters the pitch of the warning tone, not the actual volume.

I must say though, that I did change the pitch to something higher, which did help a little. Maybe there's a VAG.COM adjustment?

No mine has volume and frequency I think - two distinct settings anyway

Apologies.... there are indeed two settings; One for volume and one for frequency.

However, mine was already on a volume of 5, and so I can't turn it up any further. Guess I must have my music on too loud. I must admit, I do like the way the Citroen C4 auto mutes (well almost mutes, not quite, you can still hear the music) the stereo when the parking sensors are firing.