1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parking sensor removal

chris199 Jan 17, 2014

1. chris199

chris199 Member

Hiya guys again, I have discoverd why my parking sensors don't work I have two faulty sensors, I bought new ones and they came today but how do I remove the bumper to change them ? Any help would be much appreciated, can't seem to find any pics or anything of people who have done this in the past :(

2. ricostuart

ricostuart Active Member

Very easy if it's the rear. Do you have saloon or avant?

3. chris199

chris199 Member

Ahh Is it I've done bumpers before but god knows ware to start on this one, it's the avant.

4. ricostuart

ricostuart Active Member

Ok, front or rear?

5. chris199

chris199 Member

Emm rear, found plenty on front bumper but nothen on rear

6. ricostuart

ricostuart Active Member

7. ricostuart

ricostuart Active Member

Takes me about 5-10 mins to do it now (done it about 4 times now). quite easy. the parkign sensors are easy to remove too.

8. chris199

chris199 Member

Ahh ok brilliant thank you very much for that al give it a go tomorrow and let you know how I get on :), cheers for all the help

9. ricostuart

ricostuart Active Member

no probs. need any more help, and I will certainly try. Really is a very easy job. :)

10. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

Might try this at some stage, one if my sensors has been pushed in slightly for reason...

11. chris199

chris199 Member

Evening all, I removed my bumper today with absolutely no issues with the instructions i was given and the sensors were changed no bother now I can sadly reverse upto stuff and not hit anything ;) haha thank you again for all the info you gave me it's much appreciated :)

12. AryGill

AryGill New Member

Just brought the Mrs an A3, it has reverse sensors on the rear but I don't get any bleeps...belive its meant to bleep when reverse selected and longer bleep if at fault? im getting none, any ideas before she goes and damages her new ride.... :(

13. TAF36

TAF36 New Member

Hi mate,
    Where did you get your sensors from? Where they painted?

14. chris199

chris199 Member

15. TAF36

TAF36 New Member

Thats for that... Are they orig or replica?

16. chris199

chris199 Member

No worries, there replicas but in all honesty the only difference I could see is thst they didn't have a little audi stamp on them there brilliant quality for the price and you wouldn't be able to tell there not original :)