Parking sensor open or short to ground

kanecullen89

Reaction score
Hi all,

I need some help. My factory parking sensors aren't working. I have front and rear sensors on my b8 A4 2009.

I scanned with vcds and it shows that the front left sensor is open or short to ground.

I've replaced the sensor with a new one and I'm still getting the same fault on the same sensor. I did a measuring block test on the oscillation and its shows 1-1.2 Ms for all sensors but 0ms for front left.

Any ideas?
I know it's probably the wiring or PDC unit but I've checked wiring and it looks ok from what I can see and vcds doesn't show up any other faults with the PDC module. I'm at a loss of where to go next

I've decided I'm going to check out the wiring for the front sensors as I believe this is the most likely culprit. Is there a connector behind the front bumper that connects the 4 sensor loom to the main loom that runs to the back of the car? and where would it be? and is there an easy way to see it without it being a bumper off job?

I've decided I'm going to check out the wiring for the front sensors as I believe this is the most likely culprit. Is there a connector behind the front bumper that connects the 4 sensor loom to the main loom that runs to the back of the car? and where would it be? and is there an easy way to see it without it being a bumper off job?

Hi,

I joined the group after seeing your post as I am having the same issue. Did you find out where the problem was in the end?

Look forward to your reply.

Thank you.

S

There is an inline connector, but where it is located exactly I can't say as I retro fitted front PDS to my 2011 B8 S4 and located the connector where I could easily find it when/if I needed to take the front bumper off or fault find that cable/sensors.

As a starter for 10, remove the top plastic cover that gives access to the AC pressure sensor and other areas, and look for a 6 way connector, that connector has the 4 sensors outputs, a common 12V supply and common 0V return wires. If needed I can give you the pin numbers for each.