Parking on mmi screen without front parking sensors.

RobbieWebs

Reaction score
Hi all, sorry if it's been covered but tried to enable this today on my 62 plate a4 BE Avant non nav.

Enable Optical rear parking for cars without front parking sensors

[10 - Park/Steer Assist] [16 - Security Access - 71679] do it [07 - Coding] Byte 0 - Bit 4 change 0 to 1

For some reason it wouldn't accept the security code?
Does that mean I don't have the correct parking module?
Just to be clear I haven't taken the right rear boot panel out to check as I didn't know how to get into it.
Managed to get needle sweep and battery done no probs.
Has anyone else managed this mod on an 2012 Avant?

Cheers Robbie

you need to chack part number

Right a quick update.
Got my own vcds cable so had a play about, managed passenger mirror sip and enabled TPMS no problem.
Then tried module 10 park/steer assist won't connect.
Why .. After a bit of digging its Because the parking module is not in the back r/s but part of the central electrics.
Would I need the number of this module to see if it's compatible?
I had a look through the module, long coding helper and found enable front parking sensors.
Couldn't see any thing to do with optical display?
Am I wasting my time or can I get it to work with the right coding and a different central electrics module?

Cheers

It sounds like you have aftermarket sensors on the back mate that would be why you can't access the control module (10). If you open the boot and look in the right side you should see what you have.

Hope this helps....

Sorry didn't see the start of your thread and that you already tried what I had mentioned! I was on slow connection.

Reactions: RobbieWebs
Factory fitted sensors bud, adjust the volume and tone on they screen on the dash

Last edited:
Did u guys found some solutions for this?
Audi A5 coupe facelift 2012, MMI3g Basic, factory rear pdc ( adjustable within the mmi settings ) but no optical parking.
What i read was that on these models no more module 10 but as RobbieWebs said there should be a 09 module where this might be enabled.
I'm not a car tech guy so if u guys managed to enable this plz let me know. Cheers.