Parking brake motor

Andrei1987

Reaction score
Hy to all. I ahve n 2006 audi a6. do you know if i could damage the parking brake module or something if i try desambling de parking brake motor and then with the motor off engage the brake, just to see if the motor moves the caliper in the good posicion because i went at a mechanic about 2 months ago and they repair the damage cable of the motor and i am not sure if they put the cable as it was before, maybe they reversed the cable and now the motor release the caliper when it actually should push the caliper. Do you know if it safe to engage the parking brake with 1 motor off just to see how the motor turns? The motor moves but doesn t block the wheel

Its safe in my opinion . I had damaged plug going to the motor few months ago with caused error on dash. For a week or so waiting for the new plug i only used EPB on one wheel

2006 Audi A6 3.0TDI quattro sline le mans | Daytona Grey Pearl

And check the other motor plug to see how the wires should go

And check the other motor plug to see how the wires should go

Yes i know i have the same problem, one wheel works and the other won t works, what i want to do is take the motor off and activate the parking brake to se the rotacion of the motor, i ask these because i heard a lot off stuff of damaging the parking brake module, caliper and other things

I would check both plugs and wires if they are same . It may save you a big job of taking the motors off