Parent/Child parking bays

Is it morally right to park in a parent/child bay when you have no kids with you?

• Yes, it's morally right to park in them even without children in the car.

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • No, it's morally wrong to park in them without children in the car.

Votes: 42 71.2%

• Total voters
Can you be fined/clamped for wrongly parking in a P&C place? Im not sure?

You can be fined at tesco in Carlisle as they have a national company( ncp) I think warden patrolling the car park.They also look at your arrival time and allow only 2 hrs which is adequate time for most people to do their shopping.To stop nearby office workers parking all day.

What a horrible individual you must be

I learnt a long time ago this world ain't fair and nice guys come last.

Try spending you life on the tube and public transport in central london and you'll be like me in a few months.

Try spending you life on the tube and public transport in central london and you'll be like me in a few months.

Get real! You don't have to be a nice guy if being nice hurts you so much, just allow others a bit of common courtesy. And just because the tube is crap doesn't mean poor old smitch can jump queues and act like a prat.

well tbh they should just have a area for disabled/ P&C. and spaces in gereral should be bigger in car parks, id even pay if the space was bigger

Smitch, I've heard paedophiles use a very similar argument to justify their actions, something like "I was abused as a kid, that's why I abuse kids now....." It's still wrong!!!!

I agree with you to a point, there are a lot of dickheads out there, and it makes one think "well if nobody else gives a ****, why should I?", but I think the mark of a true winner is the ability to rise above the immorality and succeed with decorum. I guess they'll put the following words on your headstone: "He never came second, but what a f**king tw*t!"

If parking in a P&C space makes you feel like a winner, then so be it.

In which case Smitch, you should still vote "Yes". You agree in principal that it is morally wrong, but it doesn't stop you from doing it.

I don't care if you park in P&C spaces or not, the question is: Do you think it is morally wrong?
In your case Smitch, you know it's wrong, but it doesn't stop you doing it. You ask many smokers if they think smoking is bad for their health, and most will agree that it is bad for them, however they carry on smoking anyway.

Apparently i'm a prat and a ******g t**t for parking in a space with a label on it and i'm being compared to a peadophile.

All this about parking????

I really do feel sorry for your kids haivng such petty parents. Maybe you should look at your anger and inferiority issues before you start having a pop at me about about my opinion over a piece of tarmac.

Grow up.

Last edited by a moderator:

By your own admission you're not a very nice guy.

Ok, I take the paedophile bit back, that was a bit ott, I apologise. You're more like a petty thief justifying his daily thefts with the excuse that life has been unfair to him, it's still wrong smitch!!

I think at the end of the day there is still some hope for you, you've taken the 1st step: you realise that it is wrong. I know you're still going to do it, but the 1st step is always the hardest on the road to recovery.:p

I think the problem here is the wording. "Morally wrong" can hardly be used for such a trivial matter that's not even enforceable by law. It's purely a suggestion by the owners of the parking space as far as I see it, and maybe morally wrong should read "a bit naughty", which I think we'd all agree on. Lets face it a bit naughty could be levelled at doing 80 on the motorway, which we all do (and don't claim you don't, because you all do whether you admit it or not), and that is actually breaking the law, but hardly morally questionable.

I agree that 'morally wrong' is probably the wrong description and I hope that smitch is just winding us up.
He says its an argument over a piece of tarmac and its far from that. Its just a matter of the giving a few yards to help out others no biggy really. Its just manners - hold a door open for people, give your bus/train seat to a pensioner, let some one out at a road junction, or happily let those with pushchairs etc to use the special wider parking spaces.
I'm no saint but I do try and help others out. And in return I get that good feeling that comes from helping out others. Just try it smitch you might enjoy been a nicer guy, it doesn't cost anything.

Just plain lazy, and I don't think that feeble argument has worked for anyone in a court of law. It's just stealing plain & simple!

If your kids are old enough to open their own doors then you should be as "disgusted" with yourself as you are with the selfish attitudes posted on here. The additional space is for access for parents with pushchairs/buggies etc, not so unruly children can simply throw their doors open without a care or thought as to whats next to them. That's why it has a picture of a buggy in it!

AndyMac, you missed the point. I said I had 4 kids, they are of varying ages. Should I drop the older ones off first and then only use the P&C space for the youngest?

I'm happy to let parents & children have their spaces. Hopefully it will keep their cars away from mine at the back of the car park. Whenever I park anywhere where its a free for all I usually get sandwiched between a couple of people carriers and struggle to get back into the long doored S3.

Let the parents have their spaces, its a fair compensation for putting up with kids. I'd rather have no space than have kids TBH!

I once went to a photoshoot at an indoor skate park.
The place was purpose built, ie not a conversion, and 36 car parking spaces. Twelve of which were disabled!
There were four cars there, three belonged to the us photograpers and one staff. We thought the place was empty.
But inside were about 60 teens/youths getting big air on the ramps.
So I think the disabled spots may be there to fulfill some directive...

I don't park in disabled spots, and hate it when people come to my place of business and park in the one disabled spot, with no badge, and walk/run in and up the stairs.

I'd consider using a P&C spot in the middle of the night but I'm usually the guy parked at the far end of the car park praying for no new door dings...

I parked in a disabled spot once just to run into Uni and hand in some important paperwork was only in for a few minutes as parking was always a nightmare and i was running late.

Came out to the car and some Old b*****d had pulled his car up behind mine so i couldnt get out, he got out the car and RAN up to my window and banged on it (almost smashing it) shouting and swearing at me saying these spaces are for disabled people.

I tried to reason with him but he wouldnt have it, i pushed the door open and said well whats your excuse then because you dont look very disabled to me, and so on and so fourth, i almost knocked the t**t out.:motz:

I told him to move his f*****ng car then he can have the space or im going to reverse my car into yours and nudge your car out of the way.:no:

These old folks think they own the f****g world.:gun2:

I dont do it often but what harm does it do occassionally, im sick of seeing 30 disabled spaces in a 40 space car park and half those that park in them are not disabled.

As for kiddy spaces cant say ive parked in one but ive been tempted on many occassions, dont tesco prosecute people who park in these without kids now?

Last edited:
These old folks think they own the f****g world.:gun2:

Funny you should say that because of late I too meet many who think they are a cut above the rest. Full of mouth too. They're worse than ****** children.

I see some things on A-S.net don't change LOL.

With the exception of disabled bays I'll park anywhere I ****** see fit. Call me an inconsiderate pr*ck if you like. Sometimes I just want to nip into a store, grab something and be on my way and not have to drive around the car park looking for that ideal spot where some complete bell end in a peice of crap who doesn't care for anybody else's property isn't going to come along and f*ck my car up! Likewise I don't want to park in the farthest recesses of a car park where chances are some little scrotes on skateboards, push bikes or stolen mopeds will decide to use my car as an obstacle. So while a supermarket offers spaces where I know my car is going to be relatively safe from harm then damn right I'm going to use them!

Why should your decision to have children, which is a completely free choice, entitle you to special treament? It should be you who has to make the necessary adjustments to YOUR lives! If YOU need extra room to get YOUR little monsters out of your car then you should park elsewhere, its a simple as that. You're not disabled, your not special, YOU just have kids. EVERYONE should take care not to mess up someone else's property, but if you can't manage that without feeling like you have some sort of God-given right to special treatment, or without using your kids as an excuse for your lack of respect for other peoples property, then you too are an inconsiderate pr*ck!

Imagine this; You rock up to a supermarket with your 2.4s in the back and all the P&C bays are occupied by cars with actual P&C's. What do you do then? Let me guess, you drive round the car park looking for that ideal spot where you can get your kids out easily... and if you don't do that and you don't take extra special care not to damage some else property then you're an inconsiderate pr*ck!!

Oh, and anyone who says I'm inconsiderate can kiss my ringpeice! On the odd occasional I have the misfortune to use public transport I ALWAYS offer up my seat to someone who looks like they need it more, especially the elderly, disabled and even, shock horror, people with kids (because its safer for them to be sitting down, not just convienient!). While driving I don't block entrances to roundabouts if I can't exit the roundabout and I leave gaps in queues of traffic so people can turn down side-streets. Generally, I hold doors open for others when polite to do so or, once I've gone through it, make sure that its not going to swing in someone else's face! I always put the toilet seat down when I've finished and I always make sure my girlfriend comes before I do!!

^^^@ Shades: I can only thank you one time for your post. If I could click "thanks" 1000 times, I would have :o.k:

I never saw the original thread but I've just read it all through, thinking of what I was going to write...poster above beat me to it :thumbsup:

Old people are miserable cause they feel they're hard done by mostly, as for parking in P&C I dont do as I usually find spaces ok but if there were none, damn hell yeah I'd use it as wtf do they think I should park, in the store:

Weird-car-crash-9-431x300.jpg

Victor Meldrews have nothing better to do than quote rules etc etc all the time, oh & when you were my age you never told a white lie or broke the occasional unwritten law, miserable old bar stewards namely my neighbour, what a complete & utter miserable old wxxker cxxt he is, he thinks he rules the roost & then when he's brought down to size he turns into a pussy, he should be lucky we never have parties or loud music at home given its a cul de sac, massive pringles chip on his shoulder.

I'd consider using a P&C spot in the middle of the night but I'm usually the guy parked at the far end of the car park praying for no new door dings...

Meh me too, Im an easy going guy...

I wouldnt park in a disabled spot even though theres probably quite a few people with badges who arent really that disabled and I wouldnt park in a parent and child spot even though I hate kids. I must admit though having seen a few times a single mum with a baby, two kids and a massive trolley of shopping I can sympathise that the extra space is useful.

Theres an Asda about 300 metres from my house but I'll always use the Morrisons on the other side of town as the carpark is huge compared to the pokey one at Asda.

Theres an Asda about 300 metres from my house but I'll always use the Morrisons on the other side of town as the carpark is huge compared to the pokey one at Asda.

So you wouldn't walk the 300m?

We have 4 kids ages 5, 7, 9 and 11. The g/f likes the parking bays for the Galaxy because the doors open so wide? Personally I park over the other side of the carpark and give the kids a nice walk.

It's about time car parks had a bank of slightly larger spaces on the further back wall / edge of the car park solely for:

People who don't want to park next to inconsiderate c**ts who can't get in or around their car without causing damage to others

I'd pay money for it. I have a nice little ding in my NSR panel due to some mindless feck being unable to control their doors. When parking your car always remember:

people-are-idiots-and-i-can-prove-it-the-10-ways-you-are-sabotaging-yourself-and-how-you-can-overcome-them.jpg

I would never park in a disabled bay, and only a P&C at late night, but when you think how many people have 'questionable' blue badges, it's no wonder people feel obliged.

Why are there SO many blue badge spaces per car park in supermarket car parks. They are never all full.