1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parallels Desktop 6 and VCDS (on Mac)

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by icenutter, Dec 6, 2010.

1. icenutter

icenutter Member

[Dec 6, 2010]
    I've recently bought a genuine Hex+CAN lead, and can report that it works perfectly (as far as I can tell) on my Mac 10.6.5 Snow Leopard with Parallels Desktop 6 (Build 6.0.11822). No fiddling about with settings, it 'just worked.' Granted I haven't done any coding or logging, but a scan works ok.

The reason I'm posting this is; before I bought the cable I tried to find someone who had used VCDS with Parallels in vain. The Ross-Tech website also dissuades you from expecting anything except Windows working - but then they would say that :think:
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  2. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Dec 6, 2010]
    That's a useful bit of info as I have a macbook on it's way and was wondering WTF i was going to do for VAG-Com/VCDS.

I was just going to use bootcamp and install an x86 OS to fix it.
  3. icenutter

icenutter Member

[Dec 6, 2010]
    That was plan B for me.
  4. Breezey

Breezey Member

[Dec 6, 2010]
    Can also confirm coding works ive been using this setup for a while on my MBP again using OSX 10.6.5 and parallels only problem is crappy windows munches alot of my hard drive.
  5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Dec 7, 2010]
    Just watch out for the usb allocation, as I know someone I sold too kept getting usb dropouts, (wasnt vcds or cable issue as windows worked 100%) cant recall if it was parallels or not or which version, but promising to hear this, thanks for letting us know.