Panel filter or Cone filter for dv sound?

I dont think you're quite getting what i'm saying

I am aware of the facts as I read into it, I would never use foam, oiled cotton or metal mesh

I would only ever use fiberous or OEM paper

Once again its personal preference so there is no informed decision to be made as I have already made it

I had a cone on my car, took it off after a week as the car was really down on power with it. Sounded OK and the DV was much louder but it did drop power. Back to standard airbox with a green filter now and its spot on.

T

So to clarify Bill, You'd use a green panel over a piperx panel?

(I have a piperx on at the mo @ full stage 2 mapping for ref)

i personally wont touch foam filters, as they have allowed dust in on me previously, both when coated and not

cotton gauze filters have worked reliably for me so i stick with them

I dont think you're quite getting what i'm saying

I am aware of the facts as I read into it, I would never use foam, oiled cotton or metal mesh

I would only ever use fiberous or OEM paper

Once again its personal preference so there is no informed decision to be made as I have already made it

good for you - and what did you use?

On my Audi? OEM Paper

On my Honda's, different things, I ended up with a K&N panel filter and modded air box on my last modded Honda which is oiled obviously but only out of not being ***** to changed it

I cant decide what car I want next, if I get an Audi i'll keep the filter OEM paper and look into a smoothed air box, if I get a Honda i'll either do the same or get an Apex'i or AEM open cone, both of which are dry flow fibre material