1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panel filter for 3.2

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by tmint, Apr 2, 2008.

1. tmint

tmint Member

[Apr 2, 2008]
    im looking at panel filters for the 3.2, seen a pipercross one and a k&n, but it seems people are divided on the best one to use as the pipercross has to be oild. which is most suitable for the 3.2 and will it sound any different to the standard one? :readit:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 19, 2014]

3. Wes G

Wes G Member

[Apr 2, 2008]
    I have a K&N panel filter in mine at the mo...no gains performance wise and only a tiny tiny differance noise wise, I got mine as a gift other than that I think I would have just stuck to the standard one and changed it more reg" than recommended-been in for almost a year and hasnt caused any problems so would possible recomend that over the pipercross one:icon_thumright:
  4. 3.2 Ju

3.2 Ju Well-Known Member

[Apr 2, 2008]
    I have one, bought it from GTi International last year. As Wes says no noticeable difference maybe a little more noise but I wouldn't guarantee it. The main thing is it lasts longer. I can't for the life of me remember what make it is!.......... but I think it's blue.:think:
  5. SteveTDCi

SteveTDCi Active Member

[Apr 2, 2008]
    blue is probably jetex, i'm going to drop one in the derv, i had one in the golf and i'm sure it made a difference to the mpg... like improved it.
  6. 3.2 Ju

3.2 Ju Well-Known Member

[Apr 2, 2008]
    Yeah, I had a feeling it was a Jetex. Cheers:icon_thumright: