1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

paintwork

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by gazfire1, Mar 28, 2010.

1. gazfire1

gazfire1 New Member

[Mar 28, 2010]
    Hi all, i had my lava grey a3 keyed on the drivers door by some scum bag,had some paint mixed but had problem with hardner,now admited defeat,does anyone know a good painter in shrops -cheshire-staffordshire area,reasonably cheap as im going through a very expensive divorce,only got my car and dog left.,:crying:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 19, 2014]

3. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 28, 2010]
    Aw really feel for you. Least the dogs a good companion. Is Hoylake, Wirral too far??? I know a guy there who is ace!
  4. rickyquicky

rickyquicky Member

[Mar 28, 2010]
    Sorry mate your miles away from me, but i've heard that companies like 'chips-away' etc are pretty good for chips and scratches, and its a mobile service so they should cover most of the country.

A local company like them done a few touch-ups on my mates car and it came out really well, bit cheaper too.
  5. gazfire1

gazfire1 New Member

[Mar 28, 2010]
    thanks mate,,would be lost without my dog,,dont think wirral is much of a journey,is it southport area,
  6. robby

robby Member

[Mar 29, 2010]
    I've used Panelcare in Rochdale on previous cars, they use the new computer thingy which scans your cars paint and matches it up with the database - perfect colour match

They have loan cars as well so you don't get stuck - http://www.panelcare.co.uk/index.php they used to have a price list which was approx £100 per panel?
  7. ste

ste reverse gear

[Mar 29, 2010]
    hi, on a positive note,, lava grey is one of the better colours to match up, most body shops will agree with that:icon_thumright:
  8. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 29, 2010]
    No, not southport, about 15 miles north of Chester. The paint shop is Body and Paint, Hoylake, chris is brilliant.
  9. gazfire1

gazfire1 New Member

[Jul 20, 2010]
    Hi, have you got website details for holylake, thanks