1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Painting Brake Calipers

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by FrankG, Sep 1, 2006.

1. FrankG

FrankG Member

What do people think of this mod? Is it a bit boy racer! I seen a B6 yesterday with the new b7 RS4 alloys fitted and it looked great. The owner had the calipers painted red and I must say the whole package looked great. So has anyone ever done this themselves and what paint did they use? I imagine the standard aerosal can you buy off the shelf would not cope with the high temperatures in this area. So can you reccomend a paint and a how to step by step.
    Thanks
    :rock:
  2. auroan

auroan Active Member

I know there not from my A4, but here's what painted ones look like on my (daily drive/shed Bora) after it's 312mm TT brake upgrade;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. james0808

james0808 Active Member

4. FrankG

FrankG Member

Nice one lad's, going to pop up to B&Q and pick a nice can of red and some masking tap and have a go. Do I need any special cleaning agent to remove the crap of the calipers as they are the originals I will be spraying.
  5. james0808

james0808 Active Member

I just used a wire brush thing in my drill.It worked for me.