1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Painting Brake Calipers

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by tibbs, Aug 11, 2005.

1. tibbs

tibbs Member

Right I've finally decided I'm goin to paint the calipers on my SB. I haven't done this before or seen some painted so I don't know what parts of the brake caliper to paint/not to paint. can someone post a pic of a painted caliper to see exactly what I need to do? Thanks!!
  2. steeve

steeve Member

Sorry I have no pics (how do you post a Pic?) but once you have the wheel off its pretty clear just looking at the thing.....just paint all the main housings.. good luck!
  3. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

If your using spray try to cover up as much of the disc and hosing as possible with old rags thenmaybe wirebrushing any loose rust and cleaning with a damp cloth first then begin spraying/painting. Good luck
  4. steeve

steeve Member

If you buy any of the specific kits then you will get a spray caliper cleaner to use first, the paint is nearly always two pack. So its the paint and a hardener to use, be careful as if you mix the lot in one go then you have to do all four wheels one after the other. The paint will harden in a few hours. Its possible to use half of each, I did and it was more than enough to do all four calipers. Good luck. But its easy, worst thing is taking the damn wheels off!