1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Painter/Bodyshop - SE London - tiny job but quick?!

batch Jul 15, 2013

1. batch

batch Well-Known Member Team Glacier Audi S3 quattro

Hi guys,

Gave the car a mini-detail yesterday, due to the temperatures I delayed it and actually ended up doing the final wipe off after dusk!

Went out to the car this afternoon and the OSR quarter rubbing strip (moulding) had what looked like white wax residue in the gap along the top. However upon closer inspection the paint has cracked and is coming away! It was all soft and crinkly so I would suspect I've probably done it rubbing the wax residue out of the gap last night.

The car's brilliant black, so solid paint, I was just wondering what the ballpark figure might be to repaint the insert off the car? I don't see it being pricey and hardly worth buying another one or having a moan at Audi is it?!

Also any trusted independent bodyshops or painters you guys would recommend, do let me know!

2. batch

batch Well-Known Member Team Glacier Audi S3 quattro

Nobody?!

3. chris.vincent3

chris.vincent3 Own a BMW now, HOWEVER I still own VCDS! VCDS Map User

A photo would be much more help to the guys that would be able to help you.

Stick up a photo and hopeful someone will be able to give you some advice.

4. STIG

STIG Member

Chips away smart repair?

5. s3_sid

s3_sid Active Member

would stay clear of smart repair if i was you mate ! especially on a black or silver car i never seen one that i cant notice yet !