Painted my calipers ..

MurdochA3

Reaction score
So I got round to painting my calipers today and thought Id get a few pics up as it doesnt seem to have been covered in the forum anywere else.

This is how the wheels looked yesterday after a good clean.

dceae73d.jpg

The calipers themselves were looking pretty bad and needed a good clean up before painting. A wired brush and some 80 grit would be ideal. I wonder if a quick splash with the jet wash would be anygood?

e953f07d.jpg

To protect the paintwork etc some masking tape and the Daily express was ideal. Its very important that you dont get any paint (or minimal paint) on the discs themselves as it will seriously reducing braking force until its worn off. Make sure you have a cloth handy to wipe the paint of your discs while its still wet. I covered everything in the wheel arch just for safety :)

7d59c2fe.jpg

469fa3b0.jpg

I used Volkswagen White Spray if anybody is interested.
It took two coats of paint for each caliper and i waited about 40 minutes in between coats. I underestimated how much paint it would take and only bought 1 can but 2 cans (350ml) would be needed for all 4 calipers.

7d40b2fe.jpg

The finished article, its still drying now but in total I estimate it will be dry in about 6 hours. Not 24 Hours as the can suggests. What do you think?

d3411d98.jpg

good stuff

going to attempt this next weekend.

I take it the paint will be ok for the heat? Looking so much fresher, i'm planning to paint mine too at some point, im just not sure of what colour :)

great improvement but if its not heat resistant paint,it wont last to long

I take it the paint will be ok for the heat? Looking so much fresher, i'm planning to paint mine too at some point, im just not sure of what colour :)

Hopefully so, the paint wasnt labelled as caliper paint but did say heat resistant upto 80deg. Surely the calipers themselves dont get too hot?