Painted double-frame and B7 RS4s

JaminBen

Reaction score
Right. Per request, here are the pics. These are just a preview as the car is still at athe bodyshop.

Wheels:
e98a5e86.jpg

The car needs to be lowered another 3/4 of an inch (imho), but I'll take better pics ASAP.

Painted chrome:
f4bd2a41.jpg

Looks better than this, no?
A3bodyshop002.jpg

Cheers, Ben.

Thanks Ghetto (Richy?).

Problems with the pics: the first one hasn't fully loaded and they're too big. Will correct tomorrow.

There's some pics of an 8P A3 with 18" RS4 replicas on fourtitude. Personally, I'm not too keen but will reserve judgement

What exactly have you done in the front? Painted the chrome parts with the same colour of the car or what?

Nice one JB, that's just what i would do to that grill. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

Thanks guys. The Belgian A3 with Oettinger badges on the Fourtitude forum was posted there by me (I'm "3dr A3 3.2" over there).

Jungle, I hear the carousel(s) calling!

Shaheed: Yup painted the two chrome bits body color. Without my asking, the bodyshop also painted the fog light grilles as well. It doesn't look too bad though.

TDI: thanks man!

So, the shop called today (my birthday) and anounced the car was ready. Happy? Me? Hell ya!!! ;-)

Here's a few pics:

In front of the "Canal du Midi":
A3Birthday009.jpg

And in front of the "Cité de Carcassonne":
A3Birthday004.jpg

Cheers,
Ben.

hmm i'm not sure about the front end.
It just looks odd without the chrome surround, more basic. Nice wheels though.

That background looks like a painting!

[ QUOTE ]
hmm i'm not sure about the front end.
It just looks odd without the chrome surround, more basic. Nice wheels though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Front end looks different but aggressive I agree about those wheels, they are very nice indeeeeed.
What are they and how much do they cost if you don't mind me asking. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Happy Birthday mate!

I love your car, looks great!

Awwww, guys, thanks for the nice comments! I couldn't have dreamnt of a better birthday present to myself.

They had the car 3 weeks!!! during which I racked up approx 1500 miles on a 1.4L Clio (wasn't too bad, actually). Anyway, trying to figure whether to go with a painted double-grille or the new S-Line SFG was very difficult. In the end I'm happy with the choice: it's subdued, aggressive, monolithic. I'm amazed how many people turn their heads at it.

All it needs now is another 3/4" drop.

The castle in the picture is very real ;-) It's close to where I live, and a big hit among UK tourists. If any of you come to visit La Cité de Carcassonne, by all means PM me.

BTW, 17x7.5" ET 56 5-branch Audi wheel with half-worn 225/45/17 Michelin PS2: 21 Kilos.

These 18x8" ET 45 B7 RS4 replicas with new 225/40/18 Bridgestone RE050: 23 Kilos.

The PS2 tire is very light, probably close to a Kilo less than the RE050. Plus, this one was very used. So, the weight difference between the two rims must be around 0.75 to 1.25 KIlos. Not bad for reps!

Me wants (for tracking) OZ Superleggeras in 18x8" with Michelin Cups: 18 Kilos!!!! Next birthday? ;-)

Happy birthday... must admit I've had my eye on a set of those RS4 reps. Just waiting for my existing tyres to die an early death an then I'll be after a set. Where did you source them out of interest?

hey thats some damn nice work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

well done in doing something different dude..and you pull it off and its worked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey Cupra. I wouldn't go as far as ET40. My 18x8.5 ET45, with 225/40/18 Bridgestone RE050 are RIGHT at the limit up front.

I think I might have ctually heard a little rub on full compression... I would have been happier with a ET50 up front. Here are some pics

From almost straight above:
RS4closeups001.jpg

From the side:
RS4closeups006.jpg

The infamous road where I got the brakes to boil and the tires to steam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif:
RS4closeups023.jpg

Hope this helps,
Ben.

Thanks mate, those wheels do look fantastic. Have spoken to Rochford and they can order ET45's so thats what I've gone for....