1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

paint warranty

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by audi_driver, May 18, 2007.

1. audi_driver

audi_driver S LINE

My bonnet has a chunk of paint missing and its quite deep, what are the claims for manufacture warranty? I dont think its done by someone cos there arent any scratches on it, just a small chunk of paint that came off. Also noticed brown marks on the bonnet aswell and cant seem to wipe it off:huh:

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. southpaw66

southpaw66 Member

Sounds like a paint chip - not covered by warranty. Take it a good valeting place, they'll by able to give you the low down on what's needs doing.

4. Boydie

Boydie Guest

the brown marks could quite possibly be tar

got to halfords or the likes and get meguires quick detailer and clay and use it on the bonnet and the whole car

wash the car first, clay it and then polish

5. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

Is the car new ?
    My car had to go back because they hadn't washed the protective pre-delivery coating off properly.
    So the car was covered in tiny brown dots that almost looked like pinheads of rust.

6. audi_driver

audi_driver S LINE

yea its new, got it delivered september last year. how u think the paint got chipped? why is it not manufacturers fault if they paint is faulty:sadlike:

7. jamiekip

jamiekip Guest

Paint will chip i'm afraid mate - not the manufacturers fault our roads are falling to pieces!
    Most likely a stone's flicked up and hit your car at high speed resulting in the chip!

8. audi_driver

audi_driver S LINE

thats what i thought, driving in the motorway and this loud click hit my car, not once but twice before!

9. emzino

emzino Active Member

It's upsetting isn't it. I never had it before but after couple weeks of owning my car, after I washed it I noticed stone chips at the front. I was uuuupppppsssseeeeeeeettttttt! :(