1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paint Job Quote? How much?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by TaylorK, May 31, 2012.

1. TaylorK

TaylorK Member

[May 31, 2012]
    Hi, Can anyone advise me as to what I should expect to pay to get a bootlid resprayed for a 04 a3 in brilliant black? Many thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. AidenUK

AidenUK Well-Known Member

[May 31, 2012]
    Is it metallic?

Don't skimp on the paint, pay someone a decent price and you'll get a decent job, if it's metallic you'll need to have the paint blended in to match the rest of the paint.

£200 / £250 a panel seems to be the going rate in my area.

The time is in the preparation, anyone can blast paint on a panel but it's the sanding and smoothing down of the old paint work and getting the new paint to take to the panel you're using, lacquering up after, then flatting the lacquer down to reduce the 'orange peel' effect to get a decent buff up and shine.
  4. OVRA3

OVRA3 Well-Known Member

[May 31, 2012]
    I paid 120 a panel but it was mates rates.. Make sure you use a well know recommended body shop..
  5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jun 5, 2012]
    Yeap, you need it blended in to the quarters & top of bumper to be perfect tbh, as said, dont skimp or you'll regret it & paint costs a fortune these days for proper paintshops, I've seen my mates big bodyshop paint invoices, nearly fell over when I saw the costs for some litre paints.
  6. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

[Jun 5, 2012]
    £150 - £175 per panel around where i live. more panels and it comes down in price