Paint Issue

matt_white88

Reaction score
Hi Guys/Girls,

Went out to my A3 earlier and it looks like someone has walked past my car holding a wet paint brush and it has left all these white specs of paint on my wing and bonnet.:sob:

Now is there anyway I can remove this, some type of polish or something or will it have to be a respray. If so it looks like my 8P2 front end will be coming sooner rather than later.

Here is a quick pic of it:

DSCF2684.jpg

Is it paint? cant quite make it out on the pic!

Hopefully someone from detailing will help you, N8 may know!

a good clay bar might do the trick .or pm N8 and he could sort it out for you im sure

Like stated before mate. Try a clay bar on it first. Looks like paint flick to me ....was there anyone painting a house or windows near by?

Get a machine polisher and some cutting compound, that will get it all off...just be careful on the edges of panels!

As already mentioned I would use a clay bar before trying to machine polish it as the polishing pad may make matters worse if the car hasn't been clayed first.

firstly try the clay bar, and blade the ones that wont come off followed by a hand polish with a cutting compound

I've never used a clay bar, so I don't know how good they are but I had paint on a car that I bought a few years ago and some cutting compound done the job perfectly.

I used a razor for bigger bits and some acetone (like nail varnish remover, nick some from your bird lol) sometimes works. Or try petrol.

If your really lucky and its a water based paint it might just wash off.

Acetone might dull the paint slightly, just go easy with it and work the bits of paint and there shouldn't be a problem....nothing a spot of cutting compound cant sort anyway!

It would be handy to know what paint it is, i'd guess its household paint which might even come off with a good wash.