1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paint cleanser after claying is it necessary?

Dave-S3 Nov 27, 2013

1. Dave-S3

Dave-S3 Active Member

Saturday is supposed to be nice, so im going to have a go at doing my own proper winter protection detail using my megs quick clay kit i bought a few weeks back and some of my other bits i have in the garage.

My plan was to:

Wash with autoglym shampoo and microfibre mitt and then microfibre towel dry.
    Clay using megs quick clay
    **pre wax cleanse with something like auto finesse tough prep to remove old layers of wax/sealant and any other dirt left behind
    quick polish up with some autoglym SRP
    finally seal using autoglym EGP

Having had the car a few months and not having time to do a full clay, i have polished and sealed the car a couple of times but the paint really needs a good clay.

My main question is would it be worth me using the pre wax cleanser after claying or is it not a necessary step since im going to polish using SRP aswell? I know the EGP forms a pretty tough barrier though, so would it be worth it to remove those old layers or will the clay do some of that work?

Thanks

2. scotty76

scotty76 Well-Known Member Team Phantom Audi S4

3. Dave-S3

Dave-S3 Active Member

Nice one, i won't bother with any cleanser then, the clay and srp should do, ill do a write up afterwards too.