1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paint chip repair advice please!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by gordongecko, Nov 28, 2011.

1. gordongecko

gordongecko Member

[Nov 28, 2011]
    Hi guys
    I have 3 quite large and deep paint chips near the rear left wheel arch (see pic below). Given their location and proximity I can say they are not stone chips, I don't know how they got there but I am assuming someone caused it and it certainly wasn't me.

I dont want to get it resprayed as the panel is huge and it's not something I want to pay for right now. I have already ordered an audi paint touch up stick. My car is silver metallic so from reading around it seems this isn't an easy fix. I am not very handy and live in central london so don't have a garage or loads of tools. Right now I am thinking:

- Use audi touch up stick to put a blob of paint on each chip then use Langka (I still need to order this) to flatten it down, and then do the same with the laquer. The alternative I am thinking about is to put the paint on gradually so I build it up in layers?

Some advice would be welcome as I don't want to screw this up and make it look worse!

[​IMG]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. cloughy

cloughy Member

[Nov 28, 2011]
    I've used the touch up pen to good effect on my silver met A3, used a very thin artists brush to apply

Then a couple of coats with the lacquer included, unless you want a respray you won't get a better finish IMO
  4. FranA3

FranA3 events moderator Regional Rep

[Nov 28, 2011]
    the thing with silver is its never going to look 100% unless you get it resprayed the colour is hardly ever bang on its just one of those colours , but as cloughy said the best way is to build up the layers bit by bit then a few coats of clear onto