1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paint chip repair advice please!

gordongecko Nov 28, 2011

1. gordongecko

gordongecko Member

Hi guys
    I have 3 quite large and deep paint chips near the rear left wheel arch (see pic below). Given their location and proximity I can say they are not stone chips, I don't know how they got there but I am assuming someone caused it and it certainly wasn't me.

I dont want to get it resprayed as the panel is huge and it's not something I want to pay for right now. I have already ordered an audi paint touch up stick. My car is silver metallic so from reading around it seems this isn't an easy fix. I am not very handy and live in central london so don't have a garage or loads of tools. Right now I am thinking:

- Use audi touch up stick to put a blob of paint on each chip then use Langka (I still need to order this) to flatten it down, and then do the same with the laquer. The alternative I am thinking about is to put the paint on gradually so I build it up in layers?

Some advice would be welcome as I don't want to screw this up and make it look worse!

[​IMG]

2. cloughy

cloughy Member

I've used the touch up pen to good effect on my silver met A3, used a very thin artists brush to apply

Then a couple of coats with the lacquer included, unless you want a respray you won't get a better finish IMO

3. FranA3

FranA3 events moderator Regional Rep Gold Supporter Audi A3 Team Brill Red

the thing with silver is its never going to look 100% unless you get it resprayed the colour is hardly ever bang on its just one of those colours , but as cloughy said the best way is to build up the layers bit by bit then a few coats of clear onto