Paint bubbling/corrosion on edge of roof

Mines going into the audi bodyshop tomorrow for an inspection and photo shoot. Fingers crossed it hasn't had any previous paint work and it sails through. The warrenty guy said so far 7 out of 8 S3s with this problem have gone through.

they stripped the paint work and guttering back to the bare metal and resprayed the roof and pillars, they said they replaced all of the sealing too, including the sunroof.

The chap from audi that i spoke to said it was because the guttering was never put in properly so the water is just getting in there and underneath the paint.

In other words it wasnt just a quick sanding jobby

thanks for that I will speak to the bodyshop to guarentee they will do the same. Im goign to push for a whole roof respray for match - did they do this for you also?

not getting anywhere with my claim due to Audi UK harping on about only a 10yrs warrenty
am looking to take the matter further with Audi UK though so will let you know the out come.

what was the outcome of this.. i read it was 12 years in the same post.. and as mine is now just over 10 years and i have bubbing, i am a bit worried!!

I went to Audi's approved body shop today to have my paint thicknesses tested before I claim and it turns out that my car has had the passenger rear quarter resprayed. This happens to include the area of the roof that has started to rust :banghead:

Audi wont touch this with a barge pole! Its about £450 to get sorted

im picking my s3 on the 24th of january and it also has bubbling on the p/s foor rails but as part of the sale im getting the garage todo it (still not done the lasy t**ts but) should i see if audi will do it just in case theres any future problems?

im picking my s3 on the 24th of january and it also has bubbling on the p/s foor rails but as part of the sale im getting the garage todo it (still not done the lasy t**ts but) should i see if audi will do it just in case theres any future problems?

I'm assuming its not an Audi garage then? So long as the garage do a proper job and fix the cause of the rust as well, there should be no recurrence of the problem. If however, they just do a quick respray then it will come back and Audi won't touch it. Of course by the time it comes back it may well be out of Audi's warranty window depending how old the car is?

For peace of mind either ensure that the garage fix the cause as stated in the previous posts, or see if they are prepared to let Audi do the work. Or of course you could just collect it as-is and take it straight to Audi for warranty work which might be the best option.

well thats the thing i dont want to turn around and tell the garage not todo it to then take it to audi who turn around and say wait aminute this cars been sprayed at some point in its life!

Be square with the garage and say if audi dont do it then they will have to do it.

When mine is back on the road, i am taking it for an inspection, it is ming blue which is metallic, does this mean, any spraying has to be done in whole panels? My car is a '51 s3, my sisters 98 a3 has the exact same problem. Has anyone been to Truro audi for the claim???

Are you back on the road yet? Have you taken yours to Truro yet?

I also had rust in and around both roof rails on my '99 8L A3, this was 1 1/2 years ago, took it to Audi dealer, they got Audi Sout-africa to come and inspect the car, removed the strips and some panels to check if there were nothing done before. When they were happy they Authorised the complete repair. Was R3800.00(Rand) Thats about 267 GB pounds.

But the its 12 years that u get on paint, i was really happy about that!!!

Just had a look at my A3 TDi, Bubbles on gutters and bottom of doors. Phoned Truro Audi, bloke I need to see doesn't work weekends. Great its gonna be two weeks before i can get over there in the week.

Got an appointment to see a guy @ camberley audi near me on weds afternoon.

Has any-one got any tips when speaking to these people n-case they try and fob me off?

My A3 1.8T is a 99 Model.

You dont need to go steaming in there demanding a respray, their tests will tell if the car has been touched before or not. If your car has all original paint then you shouldn't have an issue with making a claim.

Phoned Truro Audi, bloke I need to see doesn't work weekends.
Got over to Truro Audi today, the bloke I needed to see turned out to be a very helpful young lady! photos taken of paint bubbles to be emailed to Audi.

Fingers crossed

Had the same happen to me and got a call from the bodyshop today mines a 99 A3 :)

Im tryingto get a gloss black roof out of te body shop instead of silver fingers crossed eh :)

J

Hi new to forum I recently bought a 09 s3 with some audi history car is in great condition well I thought it was until I spotted some small bubbles on front offside wheel arch I was horrified I've booked the car into audi in Sunderland this Friday but was unsure of what to say to warranty manager having just had car 2 months it's never been in this dealership although I've had other audi cars a day used this garage

Hi new to forum I recently bought a 09 s3 with some audi history car is in great condition well I thought it was until I spotted some small bubbles on front offside wheel arch I was horrified I've booked the car into audi in Sunderland this Friday but was unsure of what to say to warranty manager having just had car 2 months it's never been in this dealership although I've had other audi cars a day used this garage
Wrong sub-forum mate, this is for the 8L...