Paddle gear shift Jammed

Jet2004uk

Reaction score
Hi Guys

A3 2010 TFSI 2.0 S-Line S-Tronic

Paddle shift gear up on right of steering wheel seems to be stucked/jammed, it will not click towards steering wheel infact will not move any which way. Gear shift down paddle is fine, bit annoying as its only got 16000 miles on the clock so I would say it has not been over used, any know problems with these?? easy fix?? or a trip to Audi?

Cheers

J

Trip to Audi.
I've never heard about a problem with the paddles.
You have to remove the airbag to gain access to the paddles and remove them.
Or, if you have the proper tools and you are not afraid to work on the car, you can do it yourself.
If the paddle is indeed broken, than you can easily change it. I saw a lot for sale on ebay. Most of them come in pairs but maybe you can find only the one you need.

Cheers thought it might be.....still under warrenty at the place I got it from so will let them sort it, as they quite far away was just checking if there was a quick fix before I cart it over there

As above easy enough to replace if you are confident taking off the air bag.

Good opportunity to think about upgrading to Vulcan paddles !!! :hubbahubba:

Vulcan-Star-Trek-Movie-Spock-Ears.jpg

Reactions: voorhees and NHN
Yeap if under warranty, trip to garage as stripping them down takes a little while, sounds like internal spring system has failed, not to hard to replace or repair if its dislodged.

Just thought more mileage the more use it may have had....the more use then yeah fair enough things will wear and break, in my eyes this paddle may have not hardly been used, its my first Audi so am I unlucky or is it a cheaply made part and a sign of things to come, but then again the previous owner may have been a rough git and heavy handed lol

Cheers for your thoughs guys

Do not get to fixated or intense about it...:sob:
I've had loads VW/Audis with paddles, none gave trouble...

Just thought more mileage the more use it may have had....the more use then yeah fair enough things will wear and break, in my eyes this paddle may have not hardly been used, its my first Audi so am I unlucky or is it a cheaply made part and a sign of things to come, but then again the previous owner may have been a rough git and heavy handed lol

Cheers for your thoughs guys

lol yep my life has always been half empty lol :yum: Believe me I do like using S mode but sometimes I like to gear up so not letting it go in the red :hubbahubba:..............anyway last night it made me look a Tw*t as its now unjammed itself and back to fully working....so the glass is half full (for now)

Ahhhhhhhhhhh went out for lunch, back to being jammed.......strange one you would think if its broke its broke but seems to be intermitant, glass half empty again :sob:

Serves you right for not getting a proper gearbox....

Jesting .... I'm only jealous :(

Reactions: voorhees
Depending where you are in Lincolnshire, drop by and I can have a look for you.

IIRC, remove airbag, then if round wheel, remove the mf control for that side by sliding it into the wheel center, unclip the paddle 3 pin connector, then undo the screw that holds the paddle in place, then slowly pull the paddle out tilting one side when pulling out as it has a hook fixing into the wheel aswell as the screw, the slowly feed the 3 pin connector through the hole being careful not to break the locking clip on the connector, then the paddle iirc is held together by a rod that needs sliding out, which then allows the paddle to separate.

I think that's how I took them apart for research lol.

In other words, get someone else to do it lol

Haha! My thought exactly. Especially when you get halfway through a complicated job and wish you got somebody else to do it!