1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pad choice? Help please

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by S3 Paul, Jun 17, 2011.

1. S3 Paul

S3 Paul Active Member

Im still quite new to the machine pollishing side of things and could do with a couple of new pads i think...
    So far im using megs Speed Glaze, Dodo lime prime and an Auto Bright glaze,
    ( I could realy do with a slightly more agressive product too if somebody could help me there too )

Pads wise i have 2 Dodo waffle pads ( one orange one red ) A large yellow Megs pad and a small dodo polishing "spot " pad,

Working on either my S3 and a Mk1 golf soft top i realised that these combo's dont always give the best results...
    Can anybody help me with some new product selection please?
    Im using a Dodo Juice DA ,

Thanks
    Paul.
  2. S4twiggy

S4twiggy Fully Certified Detailer!!

3. John @ PB

John @ PB Member

I'm not familiar with the Dodo products as we don't stock them, but for correction work on an Audi, I'd use Menzerna RD3.02 for correction: Menzerna Power Finish (RD3.02) | Menzerna Car Care & Detailing Products with a Lake Country Hydro tech pad: Lake Country 140 mm Hydro-Tech Pads | Lake Country Car Care & Detailing Products Cyan (cutting)

To refine, I'd use Menzerna 85RE Menzerna Super Finish (85RE) | Menzerna Car Care & Detailing Products with a Crimson Hydro tech pad.

The Hydro Techs are the newest addition to the Lake Country pad range and use a different type of foam which offers more cut/bite whilst still remaining quite pliable and more user friendly.

The pads also come in a smaller size: Lake Country 100 mm Hydro-Tech Pads | Lake Country Car Care & Detailing Products

:)