P2453 - DPF pressure sensor

S3_TDI

Reaction score
Hi, engine light came on today for

P2453 - Diesel Particle Filter , Differential pressure sensor implausible signal

P2454 Diesel Particle Filter , Differential pressure sensor short to gnd

I have a 2010 Audi A3 CFFB 2.0 TDI
Looks like I need a new sensor... Do I have the G450 sensor and where is it located?

Thanks

did you get this sorted. the sensor is on the left hand side as you look from front of car... rear of cambelt casing. i had same problem with mine and put new sensor in but may need to be adapted with vcds ? let me know how you sorted the problem

Hello the sensor pipes one of mine goes to dpf other one it's just a short bit
of pipe ..is this correct

It's a differential pressure sensor so has 2 inlets. One goes to the DPF the other goes to atmosphere . So the atmosphere side usually has a short rubber pipe on it.

did you need to re-calibrate the new g450 sensor on the cffb engine as ive replaced mine and still throwing up the p245300 error code

cheers

Hello can the dpf pressure sensor still be faulty when vcds does not display it as a fault ..my car displays one fault ..dpf excessive soot accumulation ..no other faults are present ...

You don't need to calibrate a DPF pressure sensor , the same as you wouldn't need to calibrate a temperature sender or an EGT probe.
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/18885/P2453/009299
A DPF will eventually need to be replaced . Not all of the soot is burned off. Oil that is burnt in the engine creates ash in the DPF that can't be removed. A DPF has a finite life and will eventually need to be replaced.
If you have VCDS then look at the readings from the sensor. When the ignition is on and the engine is not running there will be no pressure in the exhaust so the differential pressure should be 0. Start the engine and you will see a low reading. As you rev the engine exhaust gas flow increases and differential pressure will increase.

Reactions: ch1z64
Hi, I'm trying to get hold of one of these sensors - local Audi dealer wants £72 which seems steep. Can anyone provide link to one they've found reliable please.

car is 57 Plate Sportback 2.0 TDi 170 SE STron

Craig