1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P2100 Fault on 2.5 Tdi B6 A4 convertible

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by tibyy17, Jul 17, 2012.

1. tibyy17

tibyy17 New Member

[Jul 17, 2012]
    Hello guys,

On Sunday my engine management light came on after started the engine. I checked the fault code: 2100 - "
    Throttle Actuator Control Motor Circuit: Open". I cleared the fault, and its gone. Happy days, till the next cold start when the light came back on. So I decided to remove and clean the throttle body. Its was clean and the flap was moving as it should (I just replaced the throttle body 8 months ago).
    I did check all cables and wires, they are all good and the car drives normal. Any ideas what to do next? All help appreciated.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. tibyy17

tibyy17 New Member

[Jul 19, 2012]
    I did some research and apparently on other models its a blown fuse (F8 or 24), lose air hose or lose connector wire or a faulty throttle motor. I was spending my whole afternoon under the bonnet just to look for these things, and checked every fuse in the driver cabin (next to the steering wheel on the side). I got a few questions:

1: Is there another fuse box in the A4 B6 or just the one I checked?
    2: How can I check if the Throttle Actuator Motor is working?
    3: Anybody have heard of the same fault code on 2.5 Tdi?
  4. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

[Jul 20, 2012]
    The plastic gubbins inside the throttle body are damaged hence the flap not operating correctly, they are about £300 from local audi dealer...
  5. tibyy17

tibyy17 New Member

[Jul 20, 2012]
    Thank you Adam! I will buy a new throttle body and give it a go...