P/X Price

Aky

Aky
Reaction score
Right lads - just been to a garage to look at P/Xing my car and they offered me £9000.

:blackrs4:2002 Black S3 225bhp with 56k on the clock in immaculate condition. I think I'm 3rd owner and it has full service history. Don't think it has any extras! (tight b*stard who purchased it brand new)

Does this seem fair or am I getting robbed?

i think you could get more for it then that. low milege FSH and you got the additional stuff ie brakes, exhaust etc, know that doesnt count for much but should account for something atleast. i could be totally wrong though.

you need to find someone with a guide mate...... doesnt sound too bad considering the colour etc.... especially if hes offering trade!! id bet you wouldnt see much over 10k private...... which makes me think thats hes not gonna discount the car hes selling as he will have given you his 'leverage'

Yeah he offered me £8k to start off then rang me back and up'd his offer to £9k. All be it buying a car at £24k

Hi mate, id bite his hand off for that. I was offered £5650!!!! for mine last week against a new CTR. Robbing fekkers, I went private instead.

I buy and sell cars for a living and ive dealt with trade since i was about 16, with p/x you will always make more money if you sell it privately, as they will try to give you the lowest price possible so they can make more money, you go back to the site a week after you give him your car, it will be up for at least a grand more. Either that or through the auction with a minimum reserve for 10g.
Its all about patience, the right person will come along and eventually buy your car. However for the mileage and year of your car i think its a reasonable offer, however i think you could push for a few hundred more. You can always drop the price of the other car too.

i dont think theres much margin left Shy...by all means try but i think that is higher than bottom book if i had to guess, and i know S3's wouldnt fetch over book value unless they were something really special 'options' wise. The grand more seems to have been given so doubt he'll drop the car your buying, but again, it all depends on the margin on the other car...if its a 4x4 they'll be loads to play with, if its new he'll be on less than 10% profit in most cases

I agree with what your saying bro, however like you said it all depends on circumstances. The trader would still definatly be making money on the S3 as we all know he can jack up the price with a 3 month warrantee and get more than what its worth even though he's buying it for higher than bottom book price as you said. Through the auction on the right day the car will definatly make him profit. The bottom line is that he wouldnt be making this deal if he didnt know he would be making money on the sale, either that or he's keen on getting rid of the other car...
Anything in the business is negotiable tho, but does depend on the car your buying.. but like i said i still think its a resonable offer for the year and model of the car. You could possibly make a few hundred more either privately or trying your luck with the trader.
What are you p/xing with just out of interest?

I think for a garage to offer you £9000 is a very good offer, usually they take the **** rotten, even £8000 would of been ok, obviously you'd get a bit more if you sold it privately, tho you maybe waiting a while....
The bloke is in the game to make money.....so i think he's been pretty fair.......
What sort of car are you looking at then ?

Id not pay more than 9K for your car with the current market conditions etc

Think about what you will spend advertising it, wasted time with dreamers coming to look at it etc

£9k is a very decent offer i think!
Sounds like he could have a customer already lined up for it with him coming back and offering £1k more!

i got offered 10.5k early 2007 for my car by honda its also a 2002 with some options so yourll probably find thats not a bad price.

Good price - 9130 in excellent condition using the below glasses guide FREE trade in price guide....

THERE IS A FREE GLASSES GUIDE PRICE FOR PART EX UNDER THE OWNERS SECTION ON www.vauxhall.co.uk

i think you should sell me your Koni FSD's and Eibach Springs then take 9k for the car:yum: