1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Danielson

Danielson Member

hi, was just cruising along off boost at around 90, not mph obviously. kph. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif when i booted it the car really took off, i thought at first i was in fourth, but no 5th. glanced at me boost gauge and it was round at 18 psi, yeehaa. car felt quick as but only for a few seconds then it cut boost. this has happened a couple of times lately and seems to happen when u feed the boost in, anyone else get this???? i think may get n75j soon and bleed valve. power felt good at18psi. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. Olly__K

Olly__K Guest

yep, boost regulator maybe on its way out, or possibly the turbo ?

3. Danielson

Danielson Member

by boost regulator do you mean n75? dont think its turbo? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. Olly__K

Olly__K Guest

could be n75, or possibly the actuator on the turbo. Sure it's just not peaking ? mine will peak and 20psi and hold 15psi

5. Danielson

Danielson Member

if been asking a few mates today and they all reckon it good be the actuator sticking, whats the best way to try and clean and lube it, ive been told to stay away from wd40 as it will eat in to the rubber seal in waystegate?? hasnt overboosted again yet.

6. Olly__K

Olly__K Guest

i have absolutely no idea. i would of thought a new one would be better, and cheap, but depends where your turbo is !

7. Markey

Markey Active Member

get a new one from forge, nice chrome.

8. g60leigh

g60leigh Well-Known Member

I got a froge one too but having major problems what length did you set rod at?

9. John@ECM-TECH

John@ECM-TECH Owner Site Sponsor

This post is like 2 1/2 years old!!