1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

over w#nkers

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by johnyj, Jan 2, 2005.

1. johnyj

johnyj Member

[Jan 2, 2005]
    why is that there are total w#nkers in this world that overtake on the inside.
    i have and probably many of u guys have been in accidents caused by idiots on the road.
    on many occasions been waiting behind someone on the fast lane for them to pull in.
    only to see somone overtake on the inside left.
    do they not realise that people on the right are going to pull back over.
    if your reading this and thinking i does this then your a t#sser aswell.
    does anyone else agree......
    thank u i feel alot better know im going 4 a lie down to mop my brow...
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Jan 2, 2005]
    Yes that upsets me too. What upsets me more is when people stay in the outside lane and DONT move the **** outta the way when your coming through!!! There have been a few times when i have undertaken someone only after friendly flashing of the lights and the w@nkers refuse to move in and trundle along below the speed limit! I have always made sure there was no traffic coming on inside before doing this. What p!sses me off even more is they know you want past and when u do undertake them and you get ahead and go back into the fast lane they move into the middle lane then....AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH CNUTS! I do agree though audi18t i have nearly been cleaned off the road with cars doing this only to avoid a collision at last minute. Nowadays its like forget the rules of the road its a fcuking free for all! Crazy. I hate driving in London sometimes! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif
  4. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

[Jan 3, 2005]
    Toataly agree mate lane hoggers drive me nuts!
  5. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

[Jan 3, 2005]
    I dont know how you can put up with the back of an ambulance at all David - with no windows and hence no point of reference. I went up to Aberfoyle for a charity moutainbike run a few years back and I started off in the back of a transit with the bikes. I lasted about 8 miles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif
  6. StephaneS

StephaneS Member

[Jan 3, 2005]
    I often pass cars that are on the middle or outside lane when I am on the inside but that is not overtaking, that is staying in my lane.
    As long as you are under the speed limit you dont have to change lane. if the driver in front dont know how to drive properly, i am not responsible for it
    Obviously, this is a very dangerous manoeuvre and I take as much care as possible: ie make sure there are no-one close to both cars and get in the right speed and rpm to get traction if required
  7. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

[Jan 3, 2005]
    see what you've done there with the "undertake"

those 5th gear demos were shocking to say the least. makes me want to go out and buy a 5* ncap car.
  8. Davidb67

Davidb67 Member

[Jan 3, 2005]
    It's even more frustrating though on dual carriageways with only 2 lanes, and some tawt in the outside lane that won't shift, even though they're doing 50 in a 60 or 70 zone. one of the worst places round here is the several-mile stretch from just near the metro-centre on the A1 Western Bypass, all the way up to the Gosforth-Park roundabout. Really boils my p!ss. mind you, the "proper" A1 all the way between Washington Services and Disforth - doesn't matter which direction, take your pick - is up there with the best too.
    Now i've got the 2.0tdi with DSG, it's hard not to give in to the dark side, downshift a few cogs with the left paddle, and blast past the cretin you've waited patiently behind for 5 miles in the naive hope that he/she may actually wake up and do the decent thing - (yes that's right boys and girls, shoot themselves.....

sorry, i'll get off my soapbox now!
  9. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member

[Jan 3, 2005]
    Is that what its called? Giving into the Darkside? LOL I like that...it sounds and feels very apt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  10. RAPS3

RAPS3 Well-Known Member

[Jan 3, 2005]
    Off Topic ..

[ QUOTE ]
    David R said:
    many an evening in the back of an ambulance transferring sick people from one CCU to another - journeys necessary up here due to "centralisation of services" which in the NHS's "agenda for change" is seen as a good thing, but in reality means that the lives of the patients, ambulance crews and a slightly queasy doctor (that would be me) are risked as we drive usually about 70-100 miles to be able to provide care. Sorry, I digress...

[/ QUOTE ]

There are many discussions, arguments, proposals etc going on at the moment in our town around closing our Hospital. It'll more than likely happen as its prime land ready for new houses to be built on it, plus as you said David its the NHS's new buzz word "Centralisation." Theres also big investment happening at another nearby Hospital(30-40 miles away) .
    There'll be a massive upcry if they do close it though as the people in the town are quite attached to the fact that they have their own hospital. How the local council / government are going to persuade people that it'll be fine to travel the 30-40 miles with an arm or leg hanging off is beyond me.

Back on topic.
  11. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

[Jan 3, 2005]
    ridiculous! councils love houses! and building deveopments!
    our council is trying to make affordable housing. don't know who they are aiming them at as affordable as i can't bl00dy afford owt!
  12. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Jan 3, 2005]
    Yeah wait until your earning over 40K then you might be ok /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
  13. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

[Jan 3, 2005]
    I had a lovely sticker on my old trucks bumper
    on the left "UNDERTAKING SIDE" on the
    right "OVERTAKING SIDE"
  14. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Jan 3, 2005]
    I must admit that the majority of truck drivers on the motorways are pretty decent. Just hate the ROCKS they throw up behind them....and when its raining heavily passing one on the outside is a nightmare you cant see sh!t with spray. Foot down and hope for the best! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
  15. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member

[Jan 3, 2005]
    Is it illegal as in dangerous driving? i.e points etc or just illegal on its own with no defined penaltly?
    Anyone?
  16. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Jan 3, 2005]
    Another thing is coming off the motorway to your turn off and an idot "undertaking" in the slow lane.

But then surely you would look over your shoulder before pulling back into the left, just to make sure no one in a 1 litre Nova has popped up the inside

I agree it is damn anoying when some one sits in the outside lane at 65mph when they could pull over 2 lanes to let the quicker cars by.

I hate having to cross up to 3 lanes of traffic just to overtake a smaller/slower car just for me to have to pull back across after.

I drive in a defensive manor, expecting to have not been seen etc, i guess the Bike days taught me something??
    Sorry Rant over
  17. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Jan 3, 2005]
    Yeah i believe its under dangerous driving as for points probably depends on the copper!
  18. StephaneS

StephaneS Member

[Jan 4, 2005]
    what i'm saying is that i am not changing to the inside lanes to "undertake" when i get behind someone slower but i am staying in my lane as i already was in the inside lane. that is a major difference for me
    example: i have been on the inside lane doing 70 for about 1 mile and someone is on the middle lane doing 65 then i would stay in my lane depending on the circumstances and would take extra care as i would try and anticipate if the driver get back on the lane he should be on.
    obviously if there is lots of traffic, or if there is a junction or anything that dangerous then i would never "undertake"
    just to say i am not doing that because i like it or to teach them something or anything else but changing 2 lanes to overtake is sometimes as dangerous as staying in your lane

I've also tried many times staying back and flashing the cars to let me pass but i only got two answers:
    1- they get agressive and either let me pass but then stay on my butt (like 5yards behind) for the next few miles or just puy their feet down and get to silly speed just for me to get back behind 5 miles down the road
    2- they're completely oblivious to it and dont move
    Never ever did someone get on the inside lane and not react wrongly to me flashing them
  19. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member

[Jan 4, 2005]
    I'm with you Mick. i lived in London for 7 years.:)
  20. nervus

nervus Well-Known Member

[Jan 5, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    fallmonk said:

[/ QUOTE ]

So i flashed my main beam to let her know i want past and she started wagging her finger in the rear view mirror to gesture she would not move as she was doing 69mph as it was! (how clever). I undertook her to which she put her main beam on - fat cow!

[/ QUOTE ]

Now wot u did was wrong and im sure you will be the 1st to admit it BUT wot that stupid cow did is just crazy,
    1st holding up the traffic like that is just madding and stupid
    2nd but her wagging the finger at u and putting on her main beam is just asking for u to rip her out the car at the 1st set of lights or at the 1st chance u got , no wonder "road rage " is on the increase! im so glad where the roads in scotland are a little less slower i mean and any one who drives up here or vice verser who come up here will admit the "pace " of life is just that bit slower than down south esp london where they are out right nutters driving there! (no offence to you boys n girls )dont get me wrong we have our own nut cases driving here as well but a lot less than down south ,
    PS disclaimer , this is my personal opinion,i do not represent the whole of scotland/audi-net forum lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Its sadly a control thing for some people.

I saw a 'bad driving' type programme and some guy actually admitted to strictly doing 5mph under the limit, in the middle of the road whenever possible and making it as difficult as possible for people to pass him. He said he could then be safe in the knowledge than no-one behind him could speed and he had done his bit for society on the way to work - W4NKER!

If ever a person needed their teeth kicked out, it was him.
  21. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

[Jan 5, 2005]
    I agree - the minute you cross the border south it all goes mental. I can understand the fustration with all that traffic on the roads. I guess as long as you dont need to use the M8 at rush hour we are pretty well off up here with the exception of road quality! Keep meaning to post some picture of some of the "bomb holes" near me.
  22. mramage

mramage Member

[Jan 5, 2005]
    I was going to start another thread tonight, but remembered this. Noticed the flash of HIDs pulling into the inside, many cars back.

Leaving a good gap as I do, I was suddenly accutely aware this was a quick car and he was going for the space in front of me, just before the lorry on the inside. Drop a few cogs and nail it to close up. Ain't having it cut me up. I make it, he tries to move over while I'm still there but he's too late. He'll need to get a faster M3 next time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif
    He sits up my tail and I kinda jump gaps to make sure he can't undertake. We're still not even doing legal limit.

An M5 then moved out in front about 0.5 miles later. He moves in after another half mile or so. Funny bit of road, but I'm going off, move in and gun it. Well, why not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The M3 only catches me at 3 figures, but he's not turning off and I'm already up the off ramp at that point.
  23. mramage

mramage Member

[Jan 6, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    nervus said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Mark R said:
    I was going to start another thread tonight, but remembered this. Noticed the flash of HIDs pulling into the inside, many cars back.

Leaving a good gap as I do, I was suddenly accutely aware this was a quick car and he was going for the space in front of me, just before the lorry on the inside. Drop a few cogs and nail it to close up. Ain't having it cut me up. I make it, he tries to move over while I'm still there but he's too late. He'll need to get a faster M3 next time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif
    He sits up my tail and I kinda jump gaps to make sure he can't undertake. We're still not even doing legal limit.

An M5 then moved out in front about 0.5 miles later. He moves in after another half mile or so. Funny bit of road, but I'm going off, move in and gun it. Well, why not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The M3 only catches me at 3 figures, but he's not turning off and I'm already up the off ramp at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

There shouldn't have been a gap for the M3 to cut you up with if you were overtaking properly in the first place mate. Get past, then pull in - simple. The gaps are only there because of people treading water in the passing lane, driving at the same pace as the supossed slower lanes.

If people overtook and then pulled in properly it should be impossible for cars to undertake - simple!

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you leave only a cars gap from the car in front on the motorway before pulling out? I hope your never sitting behind me.

Even if everyone did move in (like they mostly do in mainland Europe, compared to the UK at least), you still need to be leaving less than a cars gap otherwise folk could move into it. Doesn't sound safe to me.

Definitely don't want to you sitting behind me on the motorway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
  24. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Jan 6, 2005]
    M4 & M5 to Gloucester from London nice bit of road to drive on long sweeping bends and plenty of straights to bomb it! Road was clear got to 135Mph then decided i wanted to live longer and slowed down..lol But when there was traffic i found that when you leave a safe distance between yourself and the car in front people just fcuking move into it like yeah theres enough room to fit in there i'm having it. This also happens everyday on my journey to and from work leave any bit of a space for safe braking and some w@nker fcuking slides in. Makes me mad, some people havent got a clue, it ain't rocket science its just common sense! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif
  25. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

[Jan 6, 2005]
    agreed CJ! well annoying when people pull into the gap. most annoying is when people pull out on you at a junction when there is no one behind you instead of waiting 5 seconds!
  26. mramage

mramage Member

[Jan 7, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    nervus said:
    I dont overtake to que jump, whats the point if you end up in the same situation?

If im being held up by 2-3 cars driving 2mph faster then the inside lane like you suggested Mike R ("If you have time and space to drop a few cogs and nail it") you were obviously F_cking about in the first place, which is why the BMV M3 probably wanted to clear you and the poor people following your wake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike R? Who's That? My names Mark, I think. Anyone wanna confirm that? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Overtake? He was undertaking? What you on? I want some /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I wish some people would take return their brain to it's original body position. Seems like yours has gone south by a torsos length.

First off, there was traffic in front of me. I was just leaving a safe space, unlike you who seem to think one car length is enough.

Second, had the car in front moved in I would have sped up. Given it was a long queue at rush hour that wasn't happening. Guess people must realise God is behind them and move over just because your there.

Third, by the time I realised what was going on (quick car M3 remember), I only actually gained about 2 car lengths (at most), just enough to be less than an M3s length between the lorry on the inside and me on the outside. The 206 in front was now only about 1-2car lengths away, less than I like, but better than an M3 cutting me up.

Fourth, I really don't care what your opinion is, because there are plenty of board members on here whom I've driven with and will attest that I don't "F*ck about" that way as you put it.

Fifth, it's good to know that you won't mind me pulling out in front of you... oh, sorry, I forgot, I can't you'll be glued the car in fronts bumper. Sorry about that.

Sixth, have a nice day, I know I will. I find it funny to think that your reply could actually be serious. If you keep tailgating that way we won't have to worry about reading replies like that for long anyway.

Friday, happy days.

27. mramage

mramage Member

[Jan 7, 2005]
    Thanks for that Khufu /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  28. hop2407

hop2407 Active Member

[Jan 10, 2005]
    Top Film......