1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Over revving and Superchips

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by keendean, Dec 25, 2007.

1. keendean

keendean Member

Owned the car for over a week now, it seems to keep revving when you change gear, this only happens when you drive hard. So when you change gear, the car keeps revving even though the clutch is depressed to get the next gear.
    Could this be an annoying feature of the superchips remap?

Also, the map seems to have a few flat spots, and does not seem the best map in the world at 263bhp, also it now has a full Miltek which was fitted after the genric remap. I bought the car in mind that I'd not need to remap it and spend money on it, so it's a shame that I need a custom Jabba remap. So the s-chips remap will be lost with the Jabba remap? Can they erase the map already mapped for the car? Wondering if I can sell the map on? Or does anyone know if Superchips would offer a generic at a reduced price? Or is it me that thinks that the s-chips map could be better? My brother also has a Blue fin handset, can this be tuned for the S3? Or is it not worth me wasting my time.

Either way my plan of not modding the car has failed, I bought one modified to save me money and time, and the fact I promised not to mod it, I just think a Jabba custom map would be a cost effective mod to gain more power and a smoother power curve, as at the moment it can sometimes seem random as to when the turbo comes on full boost.
    Anyone else with these issues with a s-chips map? Btw-Merry Xmas :)

Maybe a group buy on a Jabba remap is a good idea? ;)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sitrials

sitrials Member

why don't you do a part ex with someone wanting a remap, swap ECUs easy enough to change and code to car using vag com.
    then use the money to put toward your jabba map.
    my superchips remap was custom as it was the first S3 they did as it was the MD's car.
    Just on another note jabba claim to get more power than they can actually get! and knowing a couple of the guys (Luke and his new IHI S3) can do things a little cowboy-ish from the stories his told me!

4. golf

golf ***** rent boy
    VCDS Map User

Best to do a check on Vag-Com, the first problem sounds like the clutch pedal switch - quite a common problem - which goes and results in the revs not dropping when the clutch is depressed. An inexpensive and fairly simple fix.

The flat spots could be caused by a crappy MAF.

5. keendean

keendean Member

6. keendean

keendean Member

I just thought it would make sense to have a custom map as it has a full Miltek, and it may gain more power than it's 263bhp it made on the rollers at the time of the map. How do you find the map on/off boost? Any flat spots? Sometimes comes on boost later than you think? I also thought Jabba were one of the best in the game? How do they obtain higher output figures from their custom maps?

7. keendean

keendean Member

Could it be the n249 valve at fault? Are they an expensive part? I've been looking about, and it can be removed, but I'm not a mechanic, and have not owned the car very long to start removing items ;)

8. keendean

keendean Member

Clutch pedal switch ordered, and should be in tom. I'll let you know if it fixes my problem. As for the boost probs, I reckon the Forge DV could be the culprit.

9. simch

simch Active Member

It's not clutch switch its a trait with most mapped cars and dbw.

Clutch switch only interacts with the car when cruise is fitted and turns it off when you dip the clutch.