1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Over rev and clutch switch

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Jersey, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Jersey

Jersey Member

Hi guys I have owned my s3 (yr 2000) for 6 months now and living it!

however I have this annoying over rev problem, I know there are loads of posts on here about this problem and I even found a easy fix guide a couple of weeks ago. However I can't find it again, any links would be great! I am also not very experienced so is this easy enough for me to do?
    Final 2 points, I noticed in service history that the clutch medal had broken, is this causing the problem? Also what switch do I need to buy? Same or newer model.

sorry and thanks in advance

2. camscockle20vT

camscockle20vT The stigs ugly brother

Hello there, its seems as tho its the same as doing the brake switch, follow this guide http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1158315&page=1 and i dont think you will go too wrong aslong as you have the right tools and can follow basic written instruction. Clutch pedal snapping is common, probably caused the switch to take a wack when it snapped. Hope that helps.

Jersey likes this.
  3. Scullies

Scullies Well-Known Member

Following on from this. Is it true an S3 should only start with the clutch pressed in? A mate with a TT says his will only start with the pedal pressed in. Was wondering if this is only TT related or is my switch toast?
    I don't get a fault from it when I do a scan with VCDS.

4. camscockle20vT

camscockle20vT The stigs ugly brother

I had a tt quattro and didnt have to depress the clutch for it to start. Think its just us spec and all that jazz.

5. Jersey

Jersey Member

Thanks for the help going to give it a go this week, hopefully it gets fixed!

6. Jersey

Jersey Member

nice one for this mate!! Worked a dream!

when taking the switch out it was slightly bent, as in the picture. So must of taken a wack. Anyway no annoying over rev!

Attached Files: